TP holders - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
TP holders

Decided to make a different design than I could find on the market. Basically a box (think square umbrella) you flip up to load and provides a spot for a glass/cup/beer can on top. One version has a clear plexiglass side to avoid that NO_TP moment in life....

Mounts to the wall with VHB tape, no screws needed unless you add them.

If you're going to Blue Bonnet, Larry of LHC will have them.

In serice (when attached to a wall)
Click image for larger version

Name:	TPin_service.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	56930

Flipped open for loading

Name:	TPopen.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	248.4 KB
ID:	56931

See-thru box version (less the mounting hardware)

Name:	IMG_3465.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	249.2 KB
ID:	56932

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #2

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Nice idea... we use an old babywipes container which holds the TP. The core is removed and the paper is dispensed from the center and out through the lid....
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0101.JPG  
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
Nice idea... we use an old babywipes container which holds the TP. The core is removed and the paper is dispensed from the center and out through the lid....
I like this idea, I could actually make that one. LOL

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:11 PM   #4

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Good idea Floyd. I think I'll use that one. Now, without getting too personal, where do folks keep their TP? Wondering about those that have porta-potti s like I do, under the seat, behind a cabinet door. There doesnt' seem to be extra room in the cabinet for it.
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #5

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Great Idea Floyd! But I like my linen closet...good place to tuck it away to keep it dry...

Boat Toilet Paper Cover - Marine Toilet Paper Holder

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters View Post
Good idea Floyd. I think I'll use that one. Now, without getting too personal, where do folks keep their TP? Wondering about those that have porta-potti s like I do, under the seat, behind a cabinet door. There doesnt' seem to be extra room in the cabinet for it.
I had posted my wife's idea before on another thread. We didn't like the way we always had to either pull the porta-potty out from the compartment by the slice valve handle, or store the porta-potty in the compartment backwards in order to access the carry handle. We now set the porta-potty (p-p) on an old cookie sheet I had painted, and we now can just hook the edge of the cookie sheet with a toe and easily slide the p-p out. The cookie sheet is a little longer than the p-p, so we store the toilet paper in front of the p-p, along with a small room de-oderezer I purchased from an auto car wash. This worked very well when we had carpeting on the floor, and even better now that we have vinyl flooring, as I glued the "loop" side of "hook & loop" (velcro) on the bottom of the cookie sheet to make it slide oh so smooth.
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #7

California
Registry
I've found the perfect TP holder for the old Scamp. A bit of retro and bit of glamp.
Pink Nobility Am Radio Bathroom Restroom Toilet Paper Holder Retro Vintage Works | eBay
Old 04-01-2013, 10:44 PM   #8

California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by David B. View Post
I had posted my wife's idea before on another thread. We didn't like the way we always had to either pull the porta-potty We now set the porta-potty (p-p) on an old cookie sheet I had painted, and we now can just hook the edge of the cookie sheet with a toe and easily slide the p-p out. The cookie sheet is a little longer than the p-p, so we store the toilet paper in front of the p-p, along with a small room de-oderezer I purchased from an auto car wash. .
I am going to try this. I just put new vinyl fake wood flooring in and think that will work well. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #9

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
We use the old tried and true plastic coffee can. It gives the paper a nice coffee smell - (at least for a while).
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #10

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe 17" K5NAN
Texas
How about a true front loader with the dispenser mounted out by the propane tank and just a door slot on the inside like an Automat cafeteria in good ole NYC. Lots of leg room then. Just a thought.
If you Rest, You Rust
GMike A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:01 PM   #11

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
LOL....................Seems like there are as many great "re-inventing" the TP holder as there are the "re-inventing" the mouse trap. These are all great ideas. I like that radio retro fit. And I like those magazine holder types, but when you're reading too much, certain things seem to go numb and it's hard to get up again. Not to mention the "branding" on the behind.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #12

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Our TP holder is quite simple. The toilet bowl brush and holder sold at IKEA fits perfectly in the seat well where we store the porta-potty. We simply place 1-2 rolls of TP on the handle. You can place the TP wherever you want and it stays clean. Easy-peasie!
Happy Camping
Gilda
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bath, bathroom, casita, toilet paper