Trading out microwave to toaster oven - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-14-2015, 10:49 AM   #15
Name: Tim
Trailer: '88 Scamp 16, layout 4
North Florida
Originally Posted by Bob Miller View Post
Both of the toaster ovens I have already have built in timers, that's fairly standard I believe.

That's why I was surprised by the reply from Casita, it sounds like the answer came from someone that doesn't know much about toaster ovens.
Both of my toaster ovens at home have no timer, nor does the one at work in the breakroom. I like my toaster ovens but NO WAY would I build one into an enclosed space in MY egg.

Timber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:07 AM   #16
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
Hmmmm... I have a 5 y.o. Oster (COSTCO) and a Procter-Silex (Yard Sale) toaster oven and both have mechanical timers that have to be turned and set for the ovens to power up in any mode. I have several tenants and I would never have one without a timer that could just be left ON indefinitely.

Not to bring up a sensitive point, but I'd bet that the one in the break room does not meet OSHA workplace safety requirements, but they will learn that after the fire I suppose. LOL?

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:24 AM   #17
Name: Gordon
Trailer: Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
My toaster oven has a timer.. the timer broke a few yeas ago. The oven still goes to 450 degrees F. I don't leave it unattended, and it is not in an enclosed space.
gordon2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:51 AM   #18
Name: Jim
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
I couldn't use either, as I rarely have 120V hookups.

I do use a microwave at home to reheat things, but haven't owned a toaster oven in 30 years, as we never really had a use for one. Does the toaster oven replace a BBQ?
2017 Escape 5.0 TA
2015 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost
2009 Escape 19 (previous)
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:56 AM   #19
Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
If I had a toaster oven, with or without convection, I'd plug it in outside my Scamp on the gfci and set it on a camp table. I do not have a microwave either. Just my .02.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
CampyTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:42 PM   #20
Name: Bill
Trailer: 1978 Scamp 13'
Somewhat off topic...but, last week while wandering thru a J.C. Penny's small appliance dept, i saw a small appliance that looked neat for a FG camper's kitchen top.

Contained within one unit was a small coffee maker, a top grill, and a small toaster under the grill.

Link doesn't work, so Google: JC Penny Cooks 3-in-1 Cooking Station Coffee Maker/Toaster Oven/Griddle

I've found that most combination units don't work all that great...but it look interesting! It was on sale for less than $100.

Bill Nolen is offline   Reply With Quote