Trailer Battery. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 11-12-2002, 08:12 PM   #15
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Small Beans!

Ches, I think mine is the size of a small can of beans:laugh
I will look tomorrow. Will it have a switch on it?I remember when we had the m.home ,it seemed I was always hearing "Oh your isolators' shot ,you need a new one!

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2002, 08:47 PM   #16

No their was no switch on mine, Which I think is good so that you can't leave it on by axccident. I will be doing the same set up again this spring. At present time I have 2 batteries on my 17ft boler and i will put in my spare as a third power source, but it will be in truck.I know some tecnical guy will jump into this conversation (ha):wave and will give us all the does and don'ts of this setup. Its worked for years for me and I don't have any regreats.Oh before I forget I did upgrade my Alternater/Generator so I would have greater output. I found it not expensive(car wreaker place 2nd hand).
Take care:)

Old 11-12-2002, 09:38 PM   #17

"why don't you have a wiring harness are you going too ?or will you always hook up to 110v/ "
Well maybe I said it wrong Pippa. I have running lights that I plug in, you know brakes and such. I don't have a battery connection for charging. It might have had one as there are wires bent back and taped down, but I thought those were for the brakes. Guess they could be for charging, I don't know yet.
I like using 110. most of the time that's what I have, but there are a few times here and there where I'm on my own. usually in the fall so it would be chilly at night. I like Charles idea of changing batteries with a plug up unit, if I can figure it out.
Is that what you ment?
Old 11-13-2002, 06:12 PM   #18

Yes Jana that is what I meant, Maybe you are all hooked up for battery charge, mind you all the battery does for us is give us lights,which are better to read by and a cube heater in Sept./Oct.. Our fridge runs either on propane or 110v we never run it on 12v. we don't hook up often as our Prov.Parks have such huge sites with lots of privacy(no hookups) it spoils us for the private campsites .When we do the 110v is a treat .I think one of the slots in our harness socket is for electric brakes which we do not have connected.