Trillium 1300 Renovation - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-25-2012, 07:55 AM   #71

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
.. just to keep the peace, but she still left here mad about it....
And I hope you DIDN'T tell her about FiberglassRV. We don't need cranky people here

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:13 PM   #72

Name: Randy
Trailer: (4) Trillium 4500, (4) Trillium 1300, (1) Scamp,(1) Burro 16'
Ardmore, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
And I hope you DIDN'T tell her about FiberglassRV. We don't need cranky people here

NOOOOO!!!! Never will I tell cranky people about this site...I'm the only cranky person allowed here.................

Old 04-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #73

Name: jen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003
Georgia
Okily dokily...Randy...now that I know who you are and you are near me, can I come see your fleet? Maybe I can rent one for the summer while I keep looking for a camper. Could we try one for a night? Not the one you just renovated, so well, because all the new stuff might bother me.

You never know but an adventuresome member of your herd might like to hang out in GA for a few months...

Just a thought! Sorry I can't find that contraband trillium for you.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #74

Name: jen
Trailer: Casita Spirit Deluxe 2003
Georgia
LOL Randy...

When you first PM me I thought you were making it up...but you're not. Those microwaves are adorable. What a fascinating obsession. I would have played on your sympathies too, and said I had to live under a bridge...guess it didn't work.

Well, if one of them is in good shape and outgassed enough, I'd like to come visit, and sleep in it for a night, and if it's okay, rent it for the summer while looking for a camper to own. I have missed too many eggs. I guess I could look at your playpac but I don't love the look of those...and a total gut reno is beyond even my talented friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Bishop View Post
Rental Fleet is my intention...and believe me people stop..and stop...and stop..Here's what I hear at least 3 times a week..."Are these cute little campers for sale".......No I'm sorry but they are not for sale...And you just wouldn't believe how many get down right mad about it....One lady told me that this was going to be her only home and if she couldn't buy one of these she would be sleeping under a bridge...But she was also driving a 2008 Chevy Tahoe at the time...I told her they were mine and my childrens campers that they lived in huntsville and had no where to park them.. just to keep the peace, but she still left here mad about it....
Old 04-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #75

Ardmore, Alabama
Got the flooring done today turned out better than I thought, wife wanted me to use the light colored flooring instead of the dark stuff I usually use..A few pistures...................
Attached Thumbnails
Flooring_001.jpg   Flooring_002.jpg  

Flooring_003.jpg   Flooring_004.jpg  

Old 04-27-2012, 05:40 PM   #76

Ardmore, Alabama
Still need to re-adjust the front bunk.. the back is to high... it bothers me just looking at it in the picture...It's hard to get these right sometimes doing by yourself........
Old 05-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #77

Ardmore, Alabama
Finally done with this one execpt for a couple of items..Still need to install the belly band..Need to install the diamond tool box on the front along with the gas bottles and a few small items like shelves in the closet and trays in the storage areas...
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium Complete #1.jpg   Trillium complete #2.jpg  

Trillium complete #4.jpg   Trillium complete #5.jpg  

Old 05-08-2012, 07:56 PM   #78

Name: Ken
Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot
British Columbia
Hi Randy, our trailer transformation is just beautiful. But it sounds like you are going to put the belly band back in place, it looks fab without it. A lot less holes also. Once again good job.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #79

Ardmore, Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken h View Post
Hi Randy, our trailer transformation is just beautiful. But it sounds like you are going to put the belly band back in place, it looks fab without it. A lot less holes also. Once again good job.

No holes... it sticks on with double sided tape...I just think it looks better with it on.....
Old 05-09-2012, 11:58 AM   #80

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
What does the ceiling on the inside look like. How did you cover the plywood?
Old 05-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #81

Ardmore, Alabama
I covered it with marine vinyl glued over the plywood...I then ran several beads of construction adhesive over it and took 4 dead man T-post That I wraped in the scrap vinyl to keep from damaging the surface and wedged it against the ceiling...I filled the area missing fiberglass on the roof with FRP panels (FIBERGLAS REINFORCED PANELS) that you can pickup at any Lowe's or building supply store....I then drilled 1/8 holes through the fiberglas roof used a counter sink-bit on all the holes and then screwed the roof to the plywood from the top with stainless steel screws..Then fiberglassed the roof... covering all the screws and cracks and sanded it smooth and painted it...Turned out alot better than I had expected...The big help was a air file I found at a yard sale for $10.00 it really made quick work on the patches and really showed you where the fiberglass need more filling..Before I used a palm sander on alot of my fiberglass work.... when done everything was smooth but not level and straight once painted you could still see the patch at certain angles.....I used 40 grit paper until it was flat and level then used 180 grit to smooth it out... And finally 400 grit on the palm sander to finish the process you can't tell where the patch is now...........
Old 05-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #82

Name: Laurie
Trailer: 13 Trillium
Alberta
Registry
Wow......just wow! I have been on here many times but managed to miss this thread. I just can't get over how amazing this unit looks.......and how crappy mine looks now. I am a lot closer to Trillium in Calgary than a lot of you and very happy to see some parts have been put in production again so I may be able to spruce up my Lil' Darlin, but definitely not to this standard. Randy, when you are sanding, fiberglass repairing, painting, clear coating () do you do it all outside or do you have a booth? The results look flawless. Kudos to you and your "collection" and I'll be harassing you and the others soon as I will be tackling more windows and possibly repairing (trying to repair) a botched patch job from the PO. Will probably end up with a big duct tape cross and "OUCH" written above it! Thank you again for the awesome, inspiring and informative transformations.
Old 05-27-2012, 12:48 PM   #83

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1972 boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Ontario
Nice job Randy!

I noticed that the front and rear shelves above the seats were fiberglass. Were they original in 76? The ones in my 79 are aluminum frames. I noticed that Tom @ TrilliumRV is using the fiberglass shelves on the new models he is producing. I wonder if they would fit the old trailers?
Old 05-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #84

Name: Jeremy
Trailer: In the market
Indiana
Wow... very nice. Ever have the desire to fix up some trailers for those of us that are mechanically savvy? haha

Tags
trillium