Trillium 4500 Front Gaucho Re-uhpolstery Pic - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2016, 01:33 PM   #1

Name: Roy
Trailer: 1975 Boler
Nova Scotia
Smile Trillium 4500 Front Gaucho Re-uhpolstery Pic

Thought I'd throw a pic of my re-upholstered Gaucho, they found some of the original upholstery under the previous owners DIY upholstery job, green plaid with a vinyl backing, the piece that covers the small section of the upper bunk is in great shape, the other piece is pretty rotten. The foam on the Gaucho was in pretty good shape but I had the kitchen table cushions replaced with a medium density foam because when you sat on the old stuff you sunk into the plywood...not very comfortable...quality foam is expensive but I'm sure I'll be happy to of spent the money once I get to sleep on it!! Hopefully it warms up here soon so I can get camping!! Oh, if anyone needs or wants the one piece of original upholstery, you can have it you pay the postage.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2585.jpg   IMG_2587.jpg  

Roy S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:42 AM   #2

Name: George
Trailer: Trillium
Ontario
Registry
T4500 front gaucho bed

Hi , I loved the gaucho cushions and fabric. My T4500 is still in the "refurbishment" stage, and I would love the cushions but they are probably too expensive to ship to Toronto. I would appreciate knowing the height of the vertical posts that you used and a pic of the upper bunk (without cushions) or dimensions of that and the wall detail as mine is missing. Thanks no rush, my first outing is planned for mid June at Mosport. George in GTA and I don't travel with kids anymore.
jokra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:24 AM   #3

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
If the fabric is in good shape, please take out the foam and ship the fabric to me. Let me know what the shipping cost will be, and I can email you the money.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 04:51 AM   #4

Nova Scotia
Hi George, I'll measure things up for you and try to take a pic of the wall detail, which may be hard now that the bunk is installed. There should be a strip of wood right below your front window that the bunk hinge screws to?
Old 05-03-2016, 04:55 AM   #5

Nova Scotia
Hi David, I re-used the foam on the front bunk, it wasn't in bad shape, and as I said, the small folding section of the bunk material seems to be in great shape and pretty clean as well, shoot me a PM telling me your mailing address and I'll package that piece up and mail it to you.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:43 PM   #6

Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokra View Post
Hi , I loved the gaucho cushions and fabric. My T4500 is still in the "refurbishment" stage, and I would love the cushions but they are probably too expensive to ship to Toronto. I would appreciate knowing the height of the vertical posts that you used and a pic of the upper bunk (without cushions) or dimensions of that and the wall detail as mine is missing. Thanks no rush, my first outing is planned for mid June at Mosport. George in GTA and I don't travel with kids anymore.
Hi George,

I took some pics for you and some measurements, I can't take pics of the bunk without cushions, the upholstery is stapled to the plywood base over the foam.
The upper bunk is two pieces and one measures 9"x72" and the other is 20"x72 except on either side of the window it narrows to 18 inches. The support poles are 25" long. hope this helps!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2603.jpg   IMG_2604.jpg  

IMG_2605.jpg   IMG_2607.jpg  

Tags
trillium