Trillium AC wiring - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2016, 08:59 PM   #1

Name: Nathaniel
Trailer: trillium
British Columbia
Trillium AC wiring

HI, can anyone give me an idea of how the AC wiring was laid out in an early 70s Trillium? I'm in the process of restoring an exceptionally stinky/buggered with/neglected sad old specimen, and among it's many flaws, someone has ripped out all the AC wiring. There was a hanging pile of rust that used to be an AC lamp over the sink (now gone), but it didn't connect anywhere. The fridge plug-in (fridge also kaput) was just lying under the forward berth and the power converter has also been pilfered (as was the water tank!). It appears that there's an external fixture for a non-existant power cord just aft of the door on the starboard side, but that just goes to an enclosed, inaccessible space under the tall locker across from the galley.

Did this thing used to have a breaker somewhere?

Any advice is appreciated.
rattlenbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 04:36 AM   #2

Name: JIM
Trailer: Trillium 1300 1975
Nova Scotia
I have a 1975 Trillium 1300 that I,m in the middle of restoring. Mine came with the main power cord coming into the trailer aft of the entrance door into the small compartment under the tall cupboard. There is no access to this compartment on mine. This wire fed into a household electrical box screwed to the floor of the large cupboard. No fuse box or converter. From there 2 circuits ran inside through the cupboards to 4 electrical plugs. I know this was original as it was the old fabric 2-14 house type wiring and not the loomex in use today. On my Trillium I am installing a 30 amp power converter, 1500 watt inverter with 2-14 marine loomex wire. All new interior and exterior led lighting and a 100 watt flexible solar panel installed on top of the custom new rock guard covering the front window. This will charge one group 27 battery on the tongue of the trailer. Should be on the road early next summer. Jim
sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 10:45 PM   #3

Name: Nathaniel
Trailer: trillium
British Columbia
Thanks for this. Turns out you can access the enclosure under the large locker through the starboard lazarette, where the junction box is located. I didn't know that was there. Replacing the wiring was easy and simple.
rattlenbang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium