Trillium before/after(ish) - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2010, 08:11 AM   #1

Trailer: Trillium 1300 1974
Trillium before/after(ish)

So i bought my 1974 Trillium 1300 mostly on a craigslist "whim"for 1000$... since then i've gutted, cleaned, painted, removed/replaced/painted/resealed the windows... i still need some kind of belly band decor (suggestions?) it's going slowly but surely... now for the interior!!!
Attached Thumbnails
photo.jpeg   photo-1.jpeg  

rhettelliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 08:12 AM   #2

Trailer: Trillium 1300 1974
door hanging?

any tips on rehanging the door would be great too
rhettelliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 04:42 PM   #3

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Registry
If you look on the Trillium website , you can buy the decals and stripes ! S.R.
Stephan G Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 09:23 PM   #4

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettelliot View Post
So i bought my 1974 Trillium 1300 mostly on a craigslist "whim"for 1000$... since then i've gutted, cleaned, painted, removed/replaced/painted/resealed the windows... i still need some kind of belly band decor (suggestions?) it's going slowly but surely... now for the interior!!!
Here's what I done on mine this is in a old post that I copied and pasted. You can do a search on my name and there's a link on where to buy it,,Cost $39.00 with free shipping......................................

I removed the Belly Band on mine and installed a 2" car trim and i like it a lot better...will probably remove the one on my other Trillium and do the same...The roll was 34' long and cost $38.00 with free shipping and was able to go all the way around without splicing it and had about 14" left over it's wider than the orginal band and helped coverup some bad places...I removed the old band dug out all the old metal that was bulging out fill the holes with short strand fiberglas filler I got from O'Reillys Auto Parts store sanded everything smooth ran a bead of Construction Adhesive right on the center and stuck the trim on mashed it real hard to get the adhesive to grab..The trim comes with 2 strips of 3M double sided tape on it but I wanted to be able to carry it to the car wash and not be afraid of blowing it loose and believe me it's not going anywhere... Here's a couple of pictures...

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x533 and weights 74KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 800x533 and weights 60KB.
Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:43 PM   #5

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Hi rhettelliot,

Looking good

If you search, you will find two or three really good and extensive threads here on the Trillium belly band subject. Lots of good photos, information, sketches, solutions, etc.

I think Randy's post came from one of them.

Raya
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #6

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettelliot View Post
any tips on rehanging the door would be great too
If the problem is nothing for the screws to bite into then we have covered this often?
Short story....fill the void made by the rotted wood with a runny epoxy and when hard hang the door where you want it with duct tape and drill new screw or bolt holes.

I have done this with 2 trills and it works fine.
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #7

(Although I think thickened epoxy would be better/stronger. I usually use collodial silica, either alone or possibly with pinch of high-density filler.)

But yeah, to really get the good info, I would search out some of the past threads. Lots of great info there.
Old 11-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #8

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Massachusetts
Registry
Do you have a link to the auto trim you used? Did you take any pics by chance of what it looked like when you pulled off the old? Randy
Gumpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:32 AM   #9

If Randy doesn't have that info - or if he does but you would like some other choices - there is quite a bit of info in those past threads Including, I'm pretty sure, Charlie's info on which auto trim he used on the seam (I saw his ex-Trillium and it was not a bad look).

I know, I know, there needs to be a "broken record" emoticon
Old 11-06-2010, 03:32 PM   #10

Massachusetts
Registry
I am having trouble finding the links of "what lies beneath the belly band". And what to do. I think that is my next step. I am pretty sure I am getting a little water through some of the rivets. The band is pulling off the back a little. I need to seal it up before I can put the guts back in. I did find some 2" molding on Ebay that I think is what he may have used. Randy
Old 11-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #11

Gumpit,

Do you mean searching? I tend to use Google as my search engine. What you do is just open up your basic google page at Google and then type your search terms into the box followed by a space and then site:fiberglassrv.com just how I typed it.

For example, I will now go to google and type in the following:

trillium belly band site:fiberglassrv.com

Maybe you could give it a whirl, and then let me know if you have any problems.

Here are just some of the results that came up for me with the exact search I described above:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...and-39929.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...and-36259.html

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...val-41308.html

The last one - and perhaps the previous ones as well - contain links to related threads.

Raya
Old 11-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #12

Massachusetts
Registry
O.K. I think I have a plan.... I will remove the band and dig out the caulking that the previous owner applied.(He must have owned stock in the company based on the amount used.) I then need to decide what to fill the seam space with. Is there something that is availble in a quantity enough to do the entire seam? I have seen people mentioning epoxy and to use the harder type so it doesnt "run". I have only used the stuff from the auto parts store that goes on the fiberglass mesh but that seems like it will surely run. Bondo is out because I know that will crack. Also because this is going to happen about the same time as me cleaning and applying the Redmax floor finish. What do you suggest to fill the tiny nicks from the rocks hitting the front of the trailer? Is there a protective coating that can be put on after? Like the 3m clear plastic they use on car noses and hoods to prevent chips? I also need to get the barkeepers friend and saw that it said to use Scotchbrite pads to clean. Is there a specific pad to use? Grit or color? Sorry for so many questions I just want to pick up everything at once so once I start I can finish without having to go back to the store or wait for stuff in the mail. Thanks for all the help. This site is great. Randy

Tags
trillium