Trillium Cabinet Latches - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2008, 01:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Trillium 13 ft
Hello all. I am remodeling my 13 foot 1976 Trillium. Remodel sounds so formal, doesn't it? Anyway, I am replacing all of the doors and hardware. The doors are easy. I am a cabinetmaker by trade. I have no trouble locating cabinet hardware for a kitchen, but obviously, I need positive latching. I've searched these forums and looked online, but I don't see any that even remotely match the existing. Is there a source for these original type latches and hinges? Thanks.
Jim
jimliston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 03:02 PM   #2

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Hello all. I am remodeling my 13 foot 1976 Trillium. Remodel sounds so formal, doesn't it? Anyway, I am replacing all of the doors and hardware. The doors are easy. I am a cabinetmaker by trade. I have no trouble locating cabinet hardware for a kitchen, but obviously, I need positive latching. I've searched these forums and looked online, but I don't see any that even remotely match the existing. Is there a source for these original type latches and hinges? Thanks.
Jim
Hi: Jim... I'm not sure what type of latches Trillium used but
I have seen some at Vintage Trailer Supply that are the type used on Bolers and Airstreams
Vintage Trailer Supply link
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 05:05 PM   #3

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Jim, you n I prolly have similar latches. In our cosmetic makeover of our Trillium, try as I might I couldn't find duplicates. What I ended up doing is removing the old hardware, giveing each piece a mild scuffing and a good deep clensing wash/rinse and painting them the color of my choice (in this case it was a gray hammertite(?) finish. Has held up 95% thus far for 2 years now. Not too bad for just splashing some paint on, huh??
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:46 PM   #4

Trailer: 1979 Trillium 4500 (front dinette)
Quote:
Jim
Hi Jim,

We have a Trillium 1500 and are remodeling over the winter. I need one cupboard (closet) latch to replace a broken one. I'll be watching to see if any turn up. If you replace yours with a matching set, I'd like to buy a latch from you.

Good luck,
Kathleen
Kathleen Gross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:56 PM   #5

Trailer: 1981 Trillium 5500
these look very similar to the ones on my 5500

Joe
Joe MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:26 PM   #6

Trailer: 77 Scamp
we have a wonderful store about 30 minutes away called "restore"...I have seen some of the oldest and most useful items there....any chance you could post a photo of what it is you need.....next time i'm there I could look for ya.....kind of a pay it forward kindness offered to me back when I was doing things to my trailer....

Quote:
Jim
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #7

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
Quote:
these look very similar to the ones on my 5500

Joe
Those latches/catches seem to be the 'stock' cabinet hardware for MANY r/v's. I know thats what is in our Trillium..
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:38 PM   #8

Trailer: 77 Scamp
I agree with Doug...seems I saw those at the R.V place were I seem to have singla handedly kept them in buisness...

Quote:
Those latches/catches seem to be the 'stock' cabinet hardware for MANY r/v's. I know thats what is in our Trillium..
Flygal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium