Trillium Dometic 211 Fridge Upgrade... Anyone? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2007, 06:35 PM   #1

Trailer: 1977 Trillium 13 ft
Thumbs up

I'm Looking to upgrade my 77' Trilliums Dometic 211 Fridge to something more efficent (Just want a new one....lol) I've been looking around at different sites but come up with nothing ... Wondering if anyone has an ideal of what fits in the same opening without any mods?
Thanks in advance for any info..
Josh In So.Cal
Josh Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 77 Trillium 13 ft
I looked this up once and believe the replacement is the Dometic RM 4210. You might go to the following site and look for the replacment chart.

www.dometic.com
Lanny Milton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:39 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Lanny I fixed the link in your post.

I also went to Dometics site and tried to download the replacement chart and keep getting a "Page Not Found" error message...I've contacted Dometic via e-mail about the problem. In the meantime, here's the link that doesn't work :
http://www.dometicusa.com/products/refrige...replacement.jpg
Found the link at the bottom of this page: http://www.dometicusa.com/refrigerators.php

If I hear anything from Dometic, I'll let y'all know and getting the chart for the Document Center would be even better
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:48 PM   #4

Trailer: Trillium 1976
I have the same project for my tril 1976. Anyone try a "dorm" fridge (only electric, no gaz for sure). It's cheap, but does it is possible?
Marc Barrière is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:26 AM   #5

Trailer: 1985 16 ft Scamp
Quote:
[b] I'm Looking to upgrade my 77' Trilliums Dometic 211 Fridge to something more efficent (Just want a new one....lol) I've been looking around at different sites but come up with nothing ... Wondering if anyone has an ideal of what fits in the same opening without any mods?
Thanks in advance for any info..
Josh In So.Cal
I have a old Dometic in my Scamp. If I was certain I was going to keep my trailer and not trade up, I would replace mine with a ice box. It would keep the interior more than 45 degrees below ambient and it's simple to operate.
Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:08 PM   #6

Trailer: 1977 Trillium 13 ft
Thanks for the info everyone... Keep it coming!!... Im leaning tward the dorm fridge(haier) since I dont use the fridge except for storage.. We only do weekend camping & have only used it once in the 2 years weve had the trailer.. Anyone know what style dorm fridge will work.. or what make/model will fit? Thanks for the info in advanced.. Josh In So.Cal
Josh Henderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:34 PM   #7

Trailer: 1975 Boler
I recently aquired a 12V cooler and it fit nicely in the opening of my boler, cooled everything nicely but it was constantly on and at the end of day 1 I had no battery power left in the trailer. I may have had a dud battery, it wouldn't even hold a charge on day 2 (and it was only bought 30 days earlier). Now I am scared to wreck another battery and am looking for a propane fridge.
David Thomson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:56 PM   #8

Trailer: Eco 12 ft
Quote:
I recently aquired a 12V cooler and it fit nicely in the opening of my boler, cooled everything nicely but it was constantly on and at the end of day 1 I had no battery power left in the trailer. I may have had a dud battery, it wouldn't even hold a charge on day 2 (and it was only bought 30 days earlier). Now I am scared to wreck another battery and am looking for a propane fridge.

The 12V coolers are total amp hogs. If I forget to unplug mine in the semi, it killes the batt's in about 48 hours, and that's 4 group 31's

Matt
Matt O'Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:35 AM   #9

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
The small home-style refrigerator ("dorm" or "bar" fridge) certainly works. Just make sure that there is room for air circulation past the cooling coils (which are normally on the back), just like the owner's manual undoubtedly says. The heat pulled from the inside has to go somewhere. If you use the outside vents which were put in for the original propane unit, think about how the trailer's interior would be sealed from the exterior, around the refrigerator.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:42 AM   #10

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
The Dometic RV refrigerator page has changed, and the link there works: Replacement Chart. Note that the chart is a PNG image, not an HTML (web) page or a PDF document... so I'll attach it here:

Click image for larger version

Name:	replacement.png
Views:	182
Size:	369.3 KB
ID:	8632

The chart says that the replacement for the RM211 is the RM2193, which is shorter and narrower but deeper.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:02 AM   #11

Quote:
I'm Looking to upgrade my 77' Trilliums Dometic 211 Fridge
Josh, Lizbeth is looking for 211 parts! Don't throw it out without checking with her... please!
Still looking for Dometic RM211 parts.......

Old 03-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #12

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
Sorry to bring an old thread back to life but this morning I was searching around the Dometic site and finally found the missing refridgerator replacement sheet.

http://www.dometicusa.com/media/replacement.png
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 03:47 PM   #13

Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Registry
I'd love to see if anyone has actually replaced their fridge with the new dometic option. seems like it'd stick outsome. and how do you fit it in there? this is where this stuff gets scary!
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:26 PM   #14

Name: Ana
Trailer: 1979 13' boler
New Hampshire
Registry
What do people think of ice boxes instead of refrigerators?
avfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfn View Post
What do people think of ice boxes instead of refrigerators?
This is definitely a YMMV topic. I have a 3-way and it's old... the original to my 24 year old trailer but it keeps humming and chillin' a long. I have a large freezer too. I think this may very well be a topic about "you can't miss what you've never had." Now that I've had one, I'd really dislike going back to just "ice." My food was always floating. I still carry an ice chest, for beverages. That allows me to keep the refrigerator closed and only opened to get out food for meals. To ME, it's one of the big things that's an upgrade over hauling all the stuff I had to haul when tenting... and always buying ice.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #16

Name: Fred
Trailer: 1978 Trillium 4500
Washington
Registry
I'm replacing my old dometic 3 way with this electric waeco model:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I haven't done the dry fit yet; it will be very close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avfn View Post
I'd love to see if anyone has actually replaced their fridge with the new dometic option. seems like it'd stick outsome. and how do you fit it in there? this is where this stuff gets scary!

--Fred and Natalie
1978 Trillium 4500 "Bernerwagon"
freddo411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #17

Name: Jimbo
Trailer: 1971 Trails West Campster/1980 Scamp 13
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddo411 View Post
I'm replacing my old dometic 3 way with this electric waeco model:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I haven't done the dry fit yet; it will be very close.

Hey Fred

What ever happened with your swap and what did you do with your old dometic? was it a 211>
Thee Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:03 PM   #18

Washington
Registry
The new fridge is in.

It was a very tight fit. I ended up cutting a bit of fiberglass off (.5 inch, maybe) of the top edge of the fridge "cabinet".

The fridge works great when I have 120 AV powering my converter, which produces 12 DC, which then goes to the fridge. However, when I am "unplugged", and running off the 12V battery, the fridge cylces on, then off. after a few seconds ... repeat over and over. I haven't had a chance to measure the exact voltages yet (it is a bit of a pain to access the necessary wires.

The 12 volt battery powers my interior lights no problem.

--Fred and Natalie
Old 10-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #19

Washington
Registry
My old fridge has been reduced to parts. I have many usable parts (Shelves, knobs, etc)

--Fred and Natalie
Old 10-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #20

Name: Jimbo
Trailer: 1971 Trails West Campster/1980 Scamp 13
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddo411 View Post
My old fridge has been reduced to parts. I have many usable parts (Shelves, knobs, etc)
Thanks for the update. I am contemplating trying to revitalize my old dometic or upgrade. Right now I'm trying to get it out. LOL

Was your old one a 211?

I am looking for for the door latch and maybe other parts depending on what I learn about mine
Thee Jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge, trillium