DSCN0957.jpg   DSCN0959.jpg  

DSCN0961.jpg   DSCN0963.jpg  

DSCN0964.jpg   DSCN0965.jpg  

DSCN0967.jpg   DSCN0968.jpg  

Old 03-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #16

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Amazing, absolutely amazing. I love the idea of using a "bucket" to get the shape you're looking for

GREAT... Thanks for the documentation!

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:04 AM   #17

Name: Peter
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee 15'-0
British Columbia
A few update pics on progress of the Kitchen " front dinette reno.

The kitchen cabinet is 95% done and likewise with the dinette. The doors on the kitchen cabinet are 1/2" Ultralite MDF faced with the same 1/8" maple ply, stained 'honeydew' as used elsewhere. This made the doors as light as possible but, at only 5/8" thick, care has to be taken when boring the 35mm holes for the euro hinges. I am very pleased with this finish as it is a nice light and airy look whilst retaining some imuted graining to give a little bit of character to the door and drawer faces.

I stole the room to squeeze in the plastic trays on the flop down dummy drawer front in front of the sink by by nudging the sink back a little extra. These trays help get rid of a lot of clutter around the sink as it is so easy to drop in soap, dishcloth, brillo pad and they have two little plastic hooks in them for the girls to hang their rings on while at the sink. One of the trays will do for 'sink stuff' and the other can be used for our toothpaste, brushes floss etc.

Instead of building a full drawer bank to the right of the sink cabinet I just made one slide out shelf out of 1/4" ply, with a drawer front on it, at the top. This will just get a plastic cutlery tray screwed on to it that has been cut to fit.

Below that there is another door behind which are two more slide out shelves with Sterilite light plastic bins screwed on plus a larger bin sitting on the bottom shelf. These 1/4" shelves simply run in a pice of 3/8" Aluminum Channel on the left side and a rebated wood strip on the right that's wide enough to keep the edge of the shelf from catching the inside corner of the door which always projects into the opening a little when using the Euro hinges. I use Euro hinges whenever possible because of their three way adjustability for evening up the gaps between doors and draw fronts plus the 'clip top' type allow the door to be removed and replaced in a matter of seconds. This is really great when wanting to do some work in the confined space inside these small cabinets.

I made the shelf in the bottom of the cabinet removable so that I could run the wiring from the converter, which will be mounted under the dinette seat that is adjacent to the kitchen cabinet , through this cabinet and through a channel. This channel goes across the floor in front of the bed area and over to the cabinet opposite the kitchen that has the fridge, microwave and TV built into it.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN1030.jpg   DSCN1032.jpg  

DSCN1033.jpg   DSCN1034.jpg  

DSCN1035.jpg   DSCN1036.jpg  

DSCN1038.jpg   DSCN1040.jpg  

DSCN1042.jpg   DSCN1043.jpg  

Old 04-07-2013, 06:49 AM   #18

Name: Steve
Trailer: Bigfoot, Trillium, Scamp 5th Wheel
Spokane Wa. and Las Vegas, Nv.
Registry
Wow! Very nice work! Are you a carpenter?
Old 04-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #19

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Oh man! This is looking really, really nice
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #20

Name: Diane
Trailer: u-haul ct13
Virginia
Oh Peter this is amazing! Will you come to Virginia and do my kitchen? Can there be such a thing as "too nice for camping" ?
Old 04-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #21

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Nice work, one question re: sink. Is there a "p" trap there or Hepvo valve in use?
Old 04-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #22

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hammel View Post
Wow! Very nice work! Are you a carpenter?
Yes !
Old 04-07-2013, 09:30 AM   #23

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Nice work, one question re: sink. Is there a "p" trap there or Hepvo valve in use?
The waste on the sink is just roughed in at the moment and I have to look into traps etc a little further.

The tiny sink that was in the old kitchen had an upside down dome type fitting under the outlet ..... is this the "Hepvo" valve you mention ? Presumably this forms a trap for sewer gases.

I'm wondering if I need any kind of a trap here as the outlet through the trailer wall just empties out into a 5 gallon plastic bucket that has no accumulation of fumes .... I'd be grateful for any thoughts that you have on this !
Old 04-07-2013, 09:49 AM   #24

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by D Davis View Post
Oh Peter this is amazing! Will you come to Virginia and do my kitchen? Can there be such a thing as "too nice for camping" ?
Well Diane .... we are planning on driving from BC to Nova Scotia via the U.S. this year ( if I ever get this bloomin trailer finished that is ) and as much as we would dearly love to see Virginia I think the time might be a little too tight to fit it in. Thanks for the invite though !
Old 04-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #25

Name: Tonja
Trailer: 1979 Trillium 1300
North Dakota
Wow!!! Looks great - almost makes me want to clear mine and start over...nah, would cut into camping time!
Old 04-07-2013, 10:34 AM   #26

Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
Registry
peter---EXCELLENT reno job! everything is so very well thought-out.

are you planning on putting your fridge on the curbside? and what about a furnace?
Old 04-07-2013, 10:10 PM   #27

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
peter---EXCELLENT reno job! everything is so very well thought-out.

are you planning on putting your fridge on the curbside? and what about a furnace?
Thanks Theresa ....... the fridge is actually in place in a cabinet opposite to the kitchen but there is no door on it so it's not too visible ... see attached pic. I was advised on the forum to prop the door open while the fridge was dormant through the winter. I decided to take the door off and pull it apart and clean it up and spray paint it's front panel. The fridge face surround, where the hinges are, was pretty ugly too with scratches and rust across the bottom where there had been drips of moisture so these four strips of metal got pulled also, ground clean and repainted.

I have pulled the furnace out as I don't think we'll be doing too much real cold weather camping and can better use the space that it occupied. We can use a little buddy heater if we are without shore power in the fall or spring. The furnace worked well and I still have it along with it's vent and thermostat.
Attached Thumbnails
Fidge : Microwave cabinet.jpg  
Old 04-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #28

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by peatle View Post
The waste on the sink is just roughed in at the moment and I have to look into traps etc a little further.

The tiny sink that was in the old kitchen had an upside down dome type fitting under the outlet ..... is this the "Hepvo" valve you mention ? Presumably this forms a trap for sewer gases.

I'm wondering if I need any kind of a trap here as the outlet through the trailer wall just empties out into a 5 gallon plastic bucket that has no accumulation of fumes .... I'd be grateful for any thoughts that you have on this !
no tank, no trap needed.

Tags
trillium