Trillium overhead shelf width - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #1

Name: Mark
Trailer: Trillium
Washington
Trillium overhead shelf width

I have a 74 Trillium 1300 and was thinking of getting the front and rear overhead shelves from the new US Trillium company and installing them myself. My wife is concerned about clearance overhead when setting down or getting up from the table so she wants me to mock up the shelves in cardboard first. Can anyone who has a new Trillium with shelves (or an old one with new shelves) tell me how wide they are (i.e., how far from the camper wall they extend)?

Mark

Old 09-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #2

Name: Hazel
Saskatchewan
We have a Trillium but I don't recall its birthdate. It has open shelves around the front and rear over the bed areas. I have no idea how they are attached all I can feel back there is elephant hide - for sure there aren't any rivets on the outside. Each shelf is about 6" wide at the bottom with a lip of about 2". The lip slopes out a bit making the top of the shelf a bit wider. Neither of us have any problem with bashing our heads on them when we stand up. They are over the top of the window frames so not very deep. We find them handy for small items like swimming towels, fishing rods, fleece vests and the like.

I doubt this is much use to you! If you have questions, fire away, and I'll ask my guy for the answers.

Old 09-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #3

Washington
Does your shelf look like the picture?

This is an image of the rear shelf that is offered on Trilliums now.

Thanks for your help.

Mark
Attached Thumbnails
new4500interior-rear.jpg  
Old 09-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #4

Name: chris
Trailer: 1976 13' trillium
British Columbia
Mark,

I was trying to order these through Tom at the same US Trillium factory but our communication kind of shut down. If you are able to get a set of these let me know as I may be interested also. We could then split the shipping and I could come down to Washington to pick up (depending on where in Washington). Anyhow let me know how it goes.

Chris
Old 09-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #5

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Registry
More Then You Wanted to Know

I just happen to have a set of shelves from the orignal 1300 Trilliums. They will be painted the original color #3 Orange, and then installed in Cantaloupe. This is a 1972, (1973? there is some doubt) green outside, and orange inside. It has an ice box, and practically no other option. Was an AC powerd light over the sink, an option? I plan to install these shelves in it, even though then were not offered in 1972, (3?).

Tom, from Trillium, tells me that they are identical to the ones he makes, except for the type of light fixture.
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium - 1300 - Shelves 01.jpg   Trillium - 1300 - Shelves 02.jpg  

Trillium - 1300 - Shelves 03.jpg   Trillium - 1300 - Shelves 04.jpg  

Trillium - 1300 - Shelves 05.jpg   Trillium - 1300 - Shelves 06.jpg  

Trillium - 1300 - Shelves 07.jpg  
Old 09-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #6

Washington
Wow, Dave, that is some great info there. Thanks for taking the time. I'll be able to mock up exactly what the shelves would be like.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:30 PM   #7

Name: Hazel
Saskatchewan
Yes, Mark VK - the shelves in your photo look pretty much like the ones in our Trillium. Our camper is green inside and out and the shelves don't have a light fixture installed.

Tags
trillium