Trillium Queen Bed option revisited - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-17-2014, 07:56 AM   #15
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleverton View Post
We are considering cutting away the sink area down to bed level, cutting away the lower half of the closet in order to put in a Queen size bed in our Trillium 1300. Radical I know, but sleep comfort is our number one priority. Any thoughts?
Doug Leverton
There is a video of the folks at Scamp pulling a shell half out of a mold. It wobbles like Jello. After seeing that I would be reluctant to modify any of the internal "furniture" without a plan to add replacement support. Raz

Old 10-17-2014, 09:46 AM   #16

Name: Bizzian
Trailer: 13 ft Boler 1986
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
Just back from a couple weeks in the Outer Banks of N.C. We used the bed arrangement the whole time. Because I'm using the front dinette table, we set up the extension each night. It took about 5-10 minutes to set up the support, attach the table, and add the bedding. Maggie used a fitted sheet tucked under the main mattress to hold the extra cushions in place. The extra space at the top was a big improvement over the stock bed. Maggie sleeps on her back. She really likes the configuration. I sleep on my side and tend to change sides numerous times in the night so I noticed the confined leg space more than she did. For the upper 4 feet, you have more than a queen and the lower 2 feet, less than a single (about 32").

The porta potti fit nicely at the foot of the bed. Since you can't exit the bed from the sides, to use it in the night requires a bit of a crab walk to the foot the bed.

When we first got our Trillium we went to a permanent bed using a sheet of plywood. It is short enough that by rolling the mattress at each end we can access to the rear storage compartments. Since the table/extension is removed during the day, all of the other storage is accessible. Raz
When you take your extension off, what do you do with it? I know about the crab walk to get off the extended bed, but we are pretty good at that now, after ten or more years. We tried this year without the extension because our little dog was no more, but we just hated it, so back on it goes in the spring.
Vivian

Old 10-17-2014, 09:54 AM   #17
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivian Layne-Parkin View Post
When you take your extension off, what do you do with it?
Vivian
The extension is the dinette table during the day. It's larger than a standard Trillium front table because I took the rear table and cut it down with my saw. Raz
Attached Thumbnails
image-622257345.jpg  
Attached Images