Trillium Renovation - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-22-2011, 06:22 AM   #1

Trailer: One 13 ft Scamp and One 13 ft Trillium and Two Trillium 4500
Trillium Renovation

Well, I've started another renov. in the last few days. I'll try to keep everyone updated on my progress..
Started by stripping the Belly Band and fiberglassing the crack,So here goes..Pictures set #1
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium_Renovation_060.jpg   Trillium_Renovation_065.jpg  

Trillium_Renovation_067.jpg   Trillium_Renovation_009.jpg  

Randy Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:33 AM   #2

Cleaned out and ready to fiberglass the crack and sanded....
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium_Renovation_018.jpg   Trillium_Renovation_037.jpg  

Trillium_Renovation_041.jpg   Trillium_Renovation_006.jpg  

Old 03-22-2011, 06:45 AM   #3

Trailer: Boler 1984
I saw your oops in another thread and had to smile and say thanks. So many people are putting their questions in the wrong section lately.
That's quite a start and I'm looking forward to seeing your renovations.
I see leaves and flowers on trees in the background. That won't happen here for another month and we still have snow along the north side of the house.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 06:47 AM   #4

Next the windows needed cleaning this Eagle #1 really does the trick just spray it on let it foam up and spray it off..makes them look like new..
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium_Renovation_022.jpg   Trillium_Renovation_028.jpg  

Trillium_Renovation_002.jpg   Trillium_Renovation_003.jpg  

Old 03-22-2011, 06:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by james kent View Post
I saw your oops in another thread and had to smile and say thanks. So many people are putting their questions in the wrong section lately.
That's quite a start and I'm looking forward to seeing your renovations.
I see leaves and flowers on trees in the background. That won't happen here for another month and we still have snow along the north side of the house.
Yea the weather here is GREAT right now trying to get as much done as I can before it gets so hot you can't stand to be out there on the concrete, when it gets like that I have to haul it to the back yard and pull it around a big tree chasing the shade
Old 03-22-2011, 06:59 AM   #6

If you look close to the last 2 pictures you can see gray specks in the finish... I though it was just dirt but I cleaned it with everything I could think of with no luck,so I started wet sanding to whole camper with 400 grit sand paper and it still wouldn't come off. I figured out the guy I got it from had let get covered in green algae ast some time then washed and now it was deep in the finish so I took 2/3 bleach and 1/3 water and started on the roof where if it faded it really bad it wouldn't matter but worked out great..You can barely see in the next to the last picture 1/2 is not cleaned and 1/2 looking pretty good....I finally got it clean and will start putting the coats of REDMAX next...
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium_Renovation_034.jpg   Trillium_Renovation_005.jpg  

Trillium_Renovation_053.jpg   Trillium_Renovation_059.jpg  

Old 03-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #7

Got to baby set the Grand kids today so I will post more progress later on...
Old 03-23-2011, 07:27 AM   #8

A few more on the progress..Sanded the entire camper with 400 grit sandpapoer and will put several coats of Redmax on it soon..Added the new strips and decals, since I bought this one from a good friend of mine that is a "BIG TENNESSE VOL's FAN" I went with Crimson Tide "Red" Showed him some pictures last night but he wasn't too impressed..
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium_Renovation_001.jpg   Trillium_Renovation_006.jpg  

Trillium_Renovation_004.jpg   Trillium_Renovation_005.jpg  

Old 03-23-2011, 01:29 PM   #9

Trailer: Trillium 5500 1980
Anyone knows who sells RedMax Pro in Canada? Any Website located in Canada? Can't find it!

This reminds me my old Trillium 1300. I really loved that little FGRV. I now have a Trillium 5500 but would like to revamp the exterior a little. You are doing a very good job!
Normand Choiniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #10

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp and 1985 13 ft Scamp
Good job randy!!! Are you going to put a storage box in front? I have not been working on either scamp but you have put me in the spirit, should post the pic's of the stuff I have done. I will be looking for more postings
sugermc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:07 PM   #11

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
This is looking so good! And I just wrote down the name Eagle One---I'm gonna go get some!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normand Choiniere View Post
Anyone knows who sells RedMax Pro in Canada? Any Website located in Canada? Can't find it!

This reminds me my old Trillium 1300. I really loved that little FGRV. I now have a Trillium 5500 but would like to revamp the exterior a little. You are doing a very good job!

You might try Home Depot and look for ZEP WETLOOK FLOOR FINISH in a blue jug they are both the same best I can tell..Redmax is made by ZEP... I think Lowe's carry's the Redmax and Home Depot the ZEP or that's what's here in the states..Hope this helps RANDY
Old 03-23-2011, 06:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickie B. View Post
This is looking so good! And I just wrote down the name Eagle One---I'm gonna go get some!
Eagle one makes several wheel cleaners and they all are in the same color and shape bottle you have to make sure and get the MAG WHEEL CLEANER..Also at one time it was called MAG WHEEL ETCHING CLEANER so watch what you get..This stuff when you spray it on ant type aluminum it foams up like a alka seltzer then just wash it off....It's usually around $5.99 a bottle but right now Oreilly's has a sale on it 2 bottles for $7.00.... I bought 6 bottles all they had.........RANDY
Old 03-23-2011, 07:55 PM   #14

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
Thanks Randy for the tip!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 05:17 AM   #15

Trailer: Trillium 5500 1980
Thanks Randy Bishop. As soon as there is no more snow here I'll get a gallon from Home Depot!
Normand Choiniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:09 PM   #16

Well after the rain storms was able to finish up a few more things and little by little I'm starting get it back together..The front window was really a bugger..it had butyl tape. silcone, and something that look like coolseal, though I would never get it all removed..Heres a few more pictures..................
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium_Renovation_004.jpg   Trillium_Renovation_007.jpg  

Trillium_Renovation_031.jpg   Trillium_Renovation_032.jpg  

Old 03-26-2011, 11:01 AM   #17

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Registry
FYI: I moved ten posts on the taillight search and vendor recommendations to the existing taillight thread: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ium-45520.html
Old 03-27-2011, 07:24 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt in SV View Post
FYI: I moved ten posts on the taillight search and vendor recommendations to the existing taillight thread: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ium-45520.html
Thanks, I had posted in that thread that I had found them already from Barrie ..didn't know how to go back and delete the thread....................

As soon as the weather changes I hope to contiue with the renov. I just got back with Nancy's trillium and so the work contiue's makes number 5 now, I think now I might be able to start a rental business having 5 of them for a time if that don't work then it's time to sale I guess. I've got 3 grown kids and wanted them to go on camping trips with Mom and Dad but it never seams to all come together even when Dad's suppling the campers
Old 03-28-2011, 09:47 PM   #19

Trailer: Trillium 4500 1978
looks good. may be a stupid question...but here i go. was it hard to remove the windows? i am thinking about getting our trailer sprayed, and i figured it would make a nicer job if the windows were removed...plus make it cheaper if i were to remove them my self..............are you still liking the red max stuff?
KevinWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinWA View Post
looks good. may be a stupid question...but here i go. was it hard to remove the windows? i am thinking about getting our trailer sprayed, and i figured it would make a nicer job if the windows were removed...plus make it cheaper if i were to remove them my self..............are you still liking the red max stuff?
Just according to how they are installed,on this one all of them had been removed and reinstalled by a previous owner who used all the wrong stuff to reinstall them , mainly siclone and they had to be pryed out, and then all that mess cleaned up..I've taken them out on all of ones I've owned because there has always been some water damage, rusty screws and wood rot to some degree around them.I put them back in with aluminum poprivets or stainless screws....I really don't believe you will have much of a problem removing them..I'm still using the RedMax and it really looks good and holds up great, really makes cleaning the camper a breeze.. dirt and grim just sprays off...Thanks Randy

Tags
trillium