Trim and rubber window seal, and update - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2017, 06:48 AM   #1

Name: Jeroen
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
Trim and rubber window seal, and update

I'm still working on revamping my 1977 Scamp 13. I've decided to remove the kitchen and heater and build a dry bathroom in that spot instead. This way I can keep room to sleep for 3 people, and we value a toilet way more than a kitchen. The fridge and eventually portable AC will go in the closet next to the entrance door. I'm moving the front upper cabinets to the rear. They will be epoxied in place, as I want the least amount of holes in the shell as possible.

I've also removed almost all rivets,and closed the holes using epoxy and filler. The only rivets left are the closet ones because the closet provides structural support to the side/door, and those I covered in epoxy from the outside. There was also a leak at the belly band, so I took that off, and filled in the 3/8" between the top and bottom shell with Loctite marine sealant. Before I replace the belly band I will add more marine sealant on top of the ridge, so that it will never leak again.

Anyway, that brings me to the last source of leaks: the windows. I'm keeping the original jalousie windows on the sides. There's a small rubber seal in between the metal and glass that's completely worn out and it shrunk. Does anyone know where I can buy this stuff? The same stuff is in the little window in the door.

Also, I took off the trim from the bottom all around the shell, and around the door entrance and door itself. Does anyone know the exact dimensions of this edge trim? Any cheap suppliers?
jeroen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 09:48 AM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Try this one. They have a lot of weather strips, gaskets and seals for all kinds of older trailer windows, including parts for jalousie windows as well.

https://www.vintagetrailersupply.com...skets-s/26.htm
Casita Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:56 PM   #3

Name: Lisa
Trailer: Boler 1700
Michigan
We're in the midst of figuring our gaskets for windows also. We have ordered samples from All-Rite: RV Window Parts | Custom RV Window Parts Replacement - All-Rite , and Pellandent: - RV Windows . You can also try Vintage Trailer Shop: Gaskets, Seals, and Rubber for Vintage Hehr and Woodlin Windows - Vintage Trailer Gaskets .

Good luck!
Lisa in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote