Two-person dinette - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-20-2006, 10:24 PM   #15

Trailer: 1968 Eriba Puck
I did an almost identical modification on my 13' Burro. I also made the front table to bridge the opening between the seats. This way, if my son goes camping with me, we have an extra single bed. I would post pics, but the trailer is covered and the cover is piled up with snow. Maybe in the spring?

Bob

Old 02-21-2006, 12:32 PM   #16

Trailer: 83 Scamp 13 ft
That Looks Great! I don't even have a Scamp yet and I already look forward to doing this mod. One question though, Did you cut the existing Fiberglass or just remove it and replace it with wood? This would be in a Scamp 13' Thanks in advance, I've learned so much from this site already.

Old 02-21-2006, 02:12 PM   #17

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 15 ft
Send a message via ICQ to Ken James
Quote:
That Looks Great! I don't even have a Scamp yet and I already look forward to doing this mod. One question though, Did you cut the existing Fiberglass or just remove it and replace it with wood? This would be in a Scamp 13' Thanks in advance, I've learned so much from this site already.

I cut the fiberglass locker out with a saber saw and left about a one inch flange sticking out. That gave me something to bolt the seat boxes to after I drilled that area. I had to build up with wood to get the height to clear the porta-potti. We used fiberglass cloth and resin to mold the seats to the walls. If you cut a tee shape in the insulation you can fold it out of the way until you finish and then fold it back over. Then we put resin in the seams and the job was neatly finished.
Attached Thumbnails
PP.JPG  
Old 02-22-2006, 09:33 AM   #18

Trailer: 87 U-Haul CT13
As a newbie to the site, I figure it's time for me to throw in my 2 cents. I am in the process of adding a front dinette to the front of my '87 UHaul 13 footer. Attached are two pictures:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dinette.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	1414

Right now, it's my wife, myself, and our baby (Rosie, our 50 # lap dog). We figured this would be the most efficient use of space in our UHaul, allowing us to leave the rear bed made up full-time and still allowing a two-person dinette for eating. It also gave us a place to set the TV. In our UHaul, the bunk is attached to its hinge by several bolts. I simply removed those bolts and the bunk, leaving the hinge (that's what the TV shelf is mounted on). I then cut a piece of plywood for the table, screwed a small piece of 2X4 to the bottom of it to receive one end of a 1/2" steel tube, and screwed another piece of 1X2 to the side of the camper on which the other end of the table rests. The only thing left is to make the cushions. We haven't taken the camper out since I built the table, but I imagine it will work well once we do.
Attached Thumbnails
Dinette2.jpg  
Old 02-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #19

Trailer: 83 Scamp 13 ft
Very nicely done. I'm sure there are alot of couples out there with little eggs that would really like this mod. My wife and I are going to Phoenix next week but after we get back we are going to look at our future 13' Scamp!!! I cant wait.
Old 02-22-2006, 01:06 PM   #20

Trailer: 87 U-Haul CT13
My in-laws have a Scamp 13', and I'm pretty sure that the front bunk setup in the Scamps is identical to mine (i.e. the hinge attached to the front, the poles that fold down and rest in the detents on the seats). I didn't have to do any cutting of the fiberglass, to answer your earlier question. Also, I forgot to add that I cut the table such that it bridges the gap between the seats to make a third bed.