Two very minor mods to our Egg Camper - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2011, 08:35 AM   #1

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Two very minor mods to our Egg Camper

I installed a paper towel holder above the sink and a TP holder in the bath. Not real happy with the TP holder. Too much weight too far out from the wall so the whole thing sags. Reinstalled it vertically but not too happy with that either. I guess we'll wait & see how it goes. At least, installed with hook & loop, there are no holes.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #2

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
I installed a paper towel holder above the sink and a TP holder in the bath. Not real happy with the TP holder. Too much weight too far out from the wall so the whole thing sags. Reinstalled it vertically but not too happy with that either. I guess we'll wait & see how it goes. At least, installed with hook & loop, there are no holes.
I use suction holders- works
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #3

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
I made a big hole in the wall to install one of these ( Futura Recessed Toilet Paper Holder in Chrome-D2497PC at The Home Depot ). It works very well and didn't intrude too much on the closet space.

Ron
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #4

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron F View Post
I made a big hole in the wall to install one of these ( Futura Recessed Toilet Paper Holder in Chrome-D2497PC at The Home Depot ). It works very well and didn't intrude too much on the closet space.

Ron
the problem with that one is it leaves the paper exposed to water, this one may be better
Attached Images

Old 09-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #5

Pennsylvania
Registry
found one that is recessed, I assume we are mounting on the curb side closet wall
Attached Images

Old 09-15-2011, 05:07 AM   #6

Trailer: Eggcamper 17 ft Electric
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
found one that is recessed, I assume we are mounting on the curb side closet wall
Yes. There is a vent pipe that must be avoided, but the location is within easy reach of the throne.

I like the idea of the cover on this one. I wonder if that one would fit int he hole that I already made.

Where'd you find this one??
Ron F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:35 AM   #7

Pennsylvania
Registry
Ron,
It appears to about the same, most tp holders are standard size, if too small you can make the hole bigger, if too big, mount it to top of your hole, any space below could be caulked.
I googled my search and now can not find that one but here is another
SAIL SYSTEMS Recessed Toilet Paper Holder at West Marine
Old 09-22-2011, 06:02 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
We use an empty, plastic coffee can. You can easily move it to wherever it will be out of the way, or handy - whichever is desired for the occasion. It's discrete, rustproof, waterproof, and it makes the first few rolls of TP smell like coffee!
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #9

Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
We use an empty, plastic coffee can. You can easily move it to wherever it will be out of the way, or handy - whichever is desired for the occasion. It's discrete, rustproof, waterproof, and it makes the first few rolls of TP smell like coffee!
I like that, good idea, will have to get some vanilla mocha coffee now for "the bathroom"
Old 09-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #10

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray N View Post
We use an empty large diaper wipes container. You can remove the cardboard center from the toilet paper,install it into the can, then dispense the paper from the center, through the flip-top. It's resealable and dispenses without removing or handling the roll. Works great and is waterproof. We don't drink coffee, but coffee cans may come a little easier to the most older folks unless you've got grandkids(lol) ...
Attached Thumbnails
DSCF0101.JPG   DSCF0102.JPG  

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:11 PM   #11

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
We use one made for inside the house from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It is essentially two long wires that make up the shaft with a pivoting TP holder at the end on a pedestal. You can store the extra tp on the shaft and put the roll in use on the pivoting end. The base is nice and heavy. When showering, just lift it out and set it outside the bathroom.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote