U-Haul ct-13 camper: just installed wood floors - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #1

Name: Daniel
Trailer: U-haul CT-13
California
U-Haul ct-13 camper: just installed wood floors

Just remodeled my apartment and had a little extra wood flooring leftover. Figured I'd put it to good use. Next to go is the Cabinet faces.

I'll post more pics when I can. I just joined and I'm seeing so much cool stuff for inspiration on the boards.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
DanSturman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #2

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Great job Daniel. I agree with you, after installing beautiful wood tones the cabinet faces (don't know exactly how to describe that color) look very out of place. Sure would class them up. Wish I had done something similar instead of just new carpet.
Welcome to the egg basket!
Patti
keekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 04:04 PM   #3

Name: Jim
Trailer: 1998 14' Burro WB
Illinois
Very Nice. A new laminate floor is on our list. We picked up some remnant from home depot. More pics would be great. Always looking for tip on getting it in right.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #4

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSturman View Post
Just remodeled my apartment and had a little extra wood flooring leftover. Figured I'd put it to good use. Next to go is the Cabinet faces.

I'll post more pics when I can. I just joined and I'm seeing so much cool stuff for inspiration on the boards.
Mr. Dan,
Looks great, very nice! Is that a laminate or tounge and groove planks? I definitely want to replace the carpeting in mine. Did you have to even up the floor at all? Any additional info. appreciated.

I replaced all my cabinent doors with marine plywood doors covered with oak veneer, used the same hinges and thumb locks, and it was easy compared to that floor you put in!
Old 10-25-2013, 07:22 AM   #5

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
Mr. Don,
Could you post a picture or 2 of your new doors? I've been thinking of doing the same thing; however Miss Rhonda thinks we should keep our original ones. Maybe we can convince her over to our side. Yes, Mr. Dan, your floors do look great! I put down the Allure flooring; however I just think it lacks that eye appeal...Pergo flooring is in my forecast...George
George Lauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
George, definitely go with new doors, so that you can sell me your old ones!! reason being we have the old style that doesn't have the turn latches and I'm a little afraid of cutting a hole in them to install those latches. Having spare cabinet doors to experiment with would be nice. Our cabinets were apparently updated with the liners at some point and the original push latches would not work then so they are gone.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #7

Name: George
Trailer: 85 Uhaul CT 13
North Carolina
Bob, You're not helping the cause here; my wife did not think that was funny at all "ha-Ha". What year is your Uhaul? It should not be that hard to drill a hole and insert the turn latches or when and if we can meet up this winter, we could do it together; I like to play with tools....George
George Lauver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #8

New York
Our Uhaul is titled as a 1984. We are using a wood dowel across the upper cabinet doors to keep them shut when traveling, an eye bolt on each end to hold the dowel. A quick temporary fix. I bought a couple sets of the phlip-it latches, but not sure if they will work that good. I did use the turn latches on the sliding drawer that I installed in place of the furnace, and for the storage compartment door that I installed under the furnace area.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #9

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Mr. George and Mr. Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Lauver View Post
Mr. Don,
Could you post a picture or 2 of your new doors? I've been thinking of doing the same thing; however Miss Rhonda thinks we should keep our original ones. Maybe we can convince her over to our side. Yes, Mr. Dan, your floors do look great! I put down the Allure flooring; however I just think it lacks that eye appeal...Pergo flooring is in my forecast...George
Mr. George, I will try to do that soon. I owe some folks a few pics and I'll have no excuse as an upcoming sortie is hopefully taking place in a few weeks.

Mr. Bob, I missed out on an eBay bid (too pricy) for a couple knobs that look like they might have worked on the interior Bargman L300. Maybe, just a little drilling would be required but they were very similar in appearance to the originals. I'll stay in the 'hunt'...

Porsche 356 Radio Knobs Blaupunkt | eBay
Old 10-26-2013, 10:04 AM   #10

New York
Wow!! $53 for two radio knobs. On ebay you can get the parts kit that includes the knob and the striker guide bolts for $49.99. Also on ebay is a L300 that has the knob, first one I've seen with the knob. I need to find a metal knob that I can drill to fit the lock shaft, and drill into the side and thread it for a set screw or two to lock the knob to the shaft. With my drill presses and lathe I could start producing knobs and sell them to all the Uhaul owners!!

Tags
u-haul