U-Haul CT-13 Project Pics - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-19-2013, 08:31 PM   #1

Name: Rob
Trailer: U Haul CT 13
Florida
U-Haul CT-13 Project Pics

Here are some pics of what I have done to my U-Haul since buying it a few months ago. It's still a work in progress...

Replaced old hose connection, tank fill and power cord hatch with outdoor shower. Shower will be connected to propane water heater mounted next to propane tank on front. Added new hose connection, 30 amp inlet and tank fill.

Another view with hatches open.

Cold water connector to future propane water heater and hot water connector back to sink faucet and outdoor shower.

Pic of plumbing under camper to inside camper.

Pic showing 6,000 BTU air conditioner and new fridge.

Power converter/battery charger. Rewired previous owner's rat's nest of wires.

New fridge and sink faucet.

Under sink view of plumbing behind outdoor shower.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #2

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
Great job and good ideas. Never thought of putting the water heater on the tongue. What kind of fridge is that? I wanted to go with a larger refrigerator, and wondering wnat the maxium size that can go in the hole with it enlarged.

Old 08-20-2013, 05:18 AM   #3

Name: Pam
Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Michigan
Registry
Great ideas, Rob! If you have ever wondered how to make that front couch deep enough to be a comfortable lounging experiences, you might consider taking the fold down bunk off entirely. You will wind up with a bench seat that is deep enough to sleep on, and minimally, very comfortable to lounge on with a good book (or your kindle reader!).
Old 08-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #4

Name: Patti
Trailer: 1984 UHaul CT13
Colorado
Registry
Rob, you are rockin & rollin for sure. Thanks for sharing your ideas.
Patti
Old 08-20-2013, 11:22 AM   #5

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Great job. And thanks for all the pics.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #6

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Garlow View Post
Great ideas, Rob! If you have ever wondered how to make that front couch deep enough to be a comfortable lounging experiences, you might consider taking the fold down bunk off entirely. You will wind up with a bench seat that is deep enough to sleep on, and minimally, very comfortable to lounge on with a good book (or your kindle reader!).
I may try to make the front a bunk depending who's camping with me. If it's just my two boys and me, I would need the bunk. If it's the wife and our daughter, it can remain a bench seat. I would like the bench seat to be deep for comfort when the bunk is not needed. I will brainstorm and think of a way to make the hinged bunk easy to install and remove as needed. I know some people say to keep the hump because it adds strength to the front of the camper. If I use the bunk for whatever reason, I need to keep the hump anyway. Has anyone removed the bunk but kept the hump and still made the seat cozy?
Old 08-20-2013, 02:36 PM   #7

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockead rob View Post
.... Has anyone removed the bunk but kept the hump and still made the seat cozy?
I did and do not find the hump a problem. I installed a piece of wood in place of the hinge and it makes a nice shelf. I also installed a removable table there so it can be a 2 person dinette or a single bed.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3677.JPG  
Old 08-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #8

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G. View Post
I did and do not find the hump a problem. I installed a piece of wood in place of the hinge and it makes a nice shelf. I also installed a removable table there so it can be a 2 person dinette or a single bed.
I like your idea with the removable table. I think I will do the same and also make the upper bunk removable rather than hinged. If I were to need the bunk for a particular camp trip, I would set up before leaving and the bunk would remain until returning home. I just have to figure out a way to fasten bunk. I may notch the top of the hump to accept angle brackets mounted under bunk. The notches won't be visible when bunk is in and removable shelf can hide notches when bunk is out.

Does your removable table double as the center bed support? Does your table post only connect under the table or do you have a recess in the floor as well? Can you post more pics of your table setup including wall brackets and table post pics.

This will be added to my "to do" list.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #9

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockead rob View Post
Does your removable table double as the center bed support? Does your table post only connect under the table or do you have a recess in the floor as well? Can you post more pics of your table setup including wall brackets and table post pics...........
Yes, the table is the center bed support. I added a small piece of plywood to the open span to fill in where the table curved corner is, as the dog's feet fall through the hole. There is a single socket in the floor that supports the table. It fits snugly to the wall, but is not attached.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #10

Name: Mike
Trailer: uhaul, 84, 13CT
Massachusetts
I'd like to see more about you install of the Air Conditioner. I have seen similar set ups ,but, every little detail helps a lot when your hovering over the side wall thinking about making that cut.
Old 09-05-2013, 11:29 AM   #11

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by h.mike View Post
I'd like to see more about you install of the Air Conditioner. I have seen similar set ups ,but, every little detail helps a lot when your hovering over the side wall thinking about making that cut.
These are the only other pics I took when cutting hole for A/C.

Tags
u-haul