under bed storage ParkLiner ideas - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-15-2014, 12:16 PM   #15

Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Try Cabela's, Mountain Equipment Coop or any other large outdoor chain. You can usually buy the webbing by the foot and all the hardware you need to make your own to the length you need.

Old 04-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #16

Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Number 3, we get to visit the Outer Banks. New stuff is good!

Frank
We are at the Outer Banks now. Windy and raining. Went to Duck Donuts, Pigmans Barbecue, got $1 a slice pizza at Slice Pizza, saw a couple light houses, found the former ice cream shop that looks like a flying saucer. Walked up the big sand dune at Jockeys Ridge SP. Haven't got to Try My Nuts or King Tuts Weiner Hut yet. Staying in a rental house, 3rd back from the beach.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #17

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
We're at the Outer Banks now too, but it's 70'ish & sunny. Unfortunately, we did not get to pull the ParkLiner down to Gibsonville. That's what this whole vacation was planned around. Have to get this warranty repair done later. More expense & more of my limited time off. Bah. Still, weather is great & the condo is very nice, so not much we can do.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd Escape 2L Ecoboost with 3500# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:12 PM   #18

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
We took some 14 Gal Rubbermade Roughneck plastic tubs with lids and installed 4 -1" ball style casters on the bottom of each tub . There was room to place them 2 deep under our full size bed , We tried the less expensive clear plastic tubs but in our cold climate they would crack when traveling in the winter
Old 05-28-2014, 11:25 PM   #19

Name: Ben
Trailer: Triple E
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Don't know if this will work in a Parkliner. This is what we did under the bed in our Uhaul, storage baskets on drawer slides.
Hi Mary and Bob,

Do you remember where you sourced the large wire baskets? Having a hard time finding them. Also, would you mind elaborating on how you attached them to your drawer slides?

Thanks.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:30 AM   #20

Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyben View Post
Hi Mary and Bob,

Do you remember where you sourced the large wire baskets? Having a hard time finding them. Also, would you mind elaborating on how you attached them to your drawer slides?

Thanks.
Wire baskets came from Home Depot. Had to narrow one of them slightly to fit our space by cutting the top rim and pushing sides in which may not apply in your case. The baskets are mounted on ball bearing drawer slides that are on their sides, the longest slides that Home Depot had. Baskets are attached to the slides with loop clamps, bought the clamps at McMaster Carr, think the size was 3/16". They just clamp around the wire. Lowes or Home Depot probably has them. Then I had to make a latch to hold the baskets from sliding out when traveling. This setup has worked very good for us. They are mounted under the rear bed that stays made up, pull out for easy access for clothing that we keep in them.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:41 AM   #21

Name: Ben
Trailer: Triple E
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Wire baskets came from Home Depot. Had to narrow one of them slightly to fit our space by cutting the top rim and pushing sides in which may not apply in your case. The baskets are mounted on ball bearing drawer slides that are on their sides, the longest slides that Home Depot had. Baskets are attached to the slides with loop clamps, bought the clamps at McMaster Carr, think the size was 3/16". They just clamp around the wire. Lowes or Home Depot probably has them. Then I had to make a latch to hold the baskets from sliding out when traveling. This setup has worked very good for us. They are mounted under the rear bed that stays made up, pull out for easy access for clothing that we keep in them.
Thanks for the reply. I've completely gutted my Surfside and I'm rebuilding all of the furniture modules from scratch, so I've got a good bit of space under my new full-time bed to go this route. Are the slides fairly stable in this orientation as far as being able to load the baskets and not worry about the amount of weight/stress put on them when in the "out" position?
Old 05-29-2014, 10:08 AM   #22

New York
Ben; we have loaded the baskets full of clothes with no problem. The slides are screwed to a piece of plywood which is then screwed to the floor. This was the simplest way I could come up with. You may be able to take this idea and modify it into a better configuration.

Tags
parkliner