Unique UGP 108li solar refrigerator - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2019, 04:47 AM   #1

Name: JIM
Trailer: Trillium 1300 1975
Nova Scotia
Unique UGP 108li solar refrigerator

Having problems with my Dometic RM2310 3 way fridge. Just mounted it in my 1975 Trillium. Worked great on 120 volt and propane on the shop floor for a week then when installed would not cool or freeze. Thought my 2 vents I installed would be enough to cool but I guess not. My wood counter sits on top of the fridge and gets very hot from the finned condenser. The one inch exhaust is piped directly out the side of the trailer with the vent kit that came with the fridge. Just read on line that there should be a 9 inch space above the coil for enough cooling with the upper vent in that space. Thinking I might switch it out and go for a Unique UGP 108 Li solar refrigerator. Anyone using this model? Good results? Thanks, Jim
sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 09:03 AM   #2

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
There are quite a few options for dc refrigerators, and from what I read they all have a danfoss/secop compressor. I would think they would all have similar performance and reliability. I personally have a truckfridge tf130, which is 130 liters, and it works great.
Old 06-06-2019, 09:13 AM   #3

Name: Martin
Trailer: 1993 CASITA 16SD
Texas
Fridge question

I can't find that particular model or the price but I am enjoying the Engel AC/DC fridge I recently installed in my 1993 Casita 16SD. I bought it directly from Engel and with coupon and free delivery it came in just over $700. I will never go back to a 3-way or any non-compressor "fridge." At the best they can only do 40 degrees below ambient temps. I'm running mine off my solar setup and set at medium it's maintaining 37 degrees with temps inside my trailer well above 90 degrees. Anyway ... I can't tell you about your particular model but I can say that if you live where the weather gets hot, the switch to a compressor-type fridge is the way to go.
CASITA BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 12:48 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
I suggest you read and understand the specifications. If you don't know what something means ask. As for the Solar "Hype" that's all it is. The fridge runs on battery power and the battery can be charged with solar, as any battery can. It's like buying a digital antenna when television change from analog, or needing a chart when CPS (Cycles per second) changed to Hrz.

Here's a link to Unique https://uniqueoffgrid.com/product/un...d-dc-fridge-3/
Old 06-06-2019, 12:55 PM   #5

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Quote:
Originally Posted by CASITA BANANA View Post
I can't find that particular model or the price but I am enjoying the Engel AC/DC fridge I recently installed in my 1993 Casita 16SD. I bought it directly from Engel and with coupon and free delivery it came in just over $700. I will never go back to a 3-way or any non-compressor "fridge." At the best they can only do 40 degrees below ambient temps. I'm running mine off my solar setup and set at medium it's maintaining 37 degrees with temps inside my trailer well above 90 degrees. Anyway ... I can't tell you about your particular model but I can say that if you live where the weather gets hot, the switch to a compressor-type fridge is the way to go.

I'll second the vote for the Engel refrigerator. It uses a different type of compressor (called a Swing Motor) than the Danfuss. Only one moving part, a vibrating piston. As far as I know the Engle is the only one that uses that type compressor.

I installed mine several years ago and it has worked well from Arizona summer heat to Rocky Mountain winter cold. The small freezer compartment also works well.

Only downside I found is it took a while to find one. Many sources advertised online but only one (a company that serviced the boating community) had them in stock. It seems they are very popular in Europe and Australia.

73 Orlen
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 01:03 PM   #6

Syracuse, NY
Byron, I assume you meant Hz not Hrz
Old 06-06-2019, 03:06 PM   #7

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
Byron, I assume you meant Hz not Hrz
I guess I think too much of it as hurts so my fingers want to put r in. Yes I do mean Hz. Thanks for catching that.
Old 06-06-2019, 05:12 PM   #8

Syracuse, NY
Good, because Hrz is all my wife's stuff
Old 06-06-2019, 09:37 PM   #9

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
Good, because Hrz is all my wife's stuff
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote