Have been putzing away at some updates to improve my camping experiences...
First I built a small shelf to attach to the board that supports the dinette hardware. It's great for setting my glasses, cell phone and lamp at night. It'll also be good to store games or condiments at dinnertime.
Then, confident from my hole-drilling experience when installing the clock, I drilled four holes in the underside of the rear overhead dinette storage, cut a piece of 1/4" plywood and drilled matching holes, then lined up the holes in the El Cheapo Monoprice TV bracket, the dinette storage and the plywood, then used machine screws, washers and bolts to attach the bracket. Then mounted the TV to the bracket. Could have mounted it a little further forward so the tv would fold back all the way, but I think it should work fine.
Pondered a while on a way to mount the bluray player below the TV. I ended up using a quarter-round piece of coated wire shelving from my shop displays. It's suspended from the bracket using two long shoelaces folded in half, then I tied an overhand knot and placed the loop over the front side of the hinge bracket, then tied the two ends to the front corners. Another shoelace is fold in half and tied with a loop that is placed over the back side of the bracket hinge, and tied to the back corner of the wire grid. I think I'll go back and adjust the grid shelf closer to the tv, then find some kind of toggle/clip to use to attach the shoestrings to the grid. It'll look more finished, and I can detach the shelf during transit.
Then I built another shelf to fit under the front window. I took the top bunk out since I don't have any grandkids to camp with...yet. I'll probably just be camping with one other friend for a while, so this will make for a more comfortable sleeping arrangement. No more having to wiggle in under the top bunk.
Then I finished tweaking the PVC supports for the front window rock guard. I think the original idea has been posted here somewhere, but I had to scratch my head and ponder a bit to get the rock guard to be securely attached so it wouldn't be blown off by a gust of wind. My solution is to use zip ties to keep the top bracket from coming off the hooks. I'll use zip ties on the bottom as well, just didn't have any long enough to test the idea, but I think it should work. I'll be able to leave the tops zip ties attached all the time. Will have to install the bottom ones each time, but it's a simple matter to just cut them when it's time to break camp.
I also have an awning
made. Will get pics next time I set it up.
Left to do:
1. Reinstall a battery
on the tongue and hook it up to the 12v lines into the trailer. Someone has butchered the wires and I'm hesitant to unwrap them cuz I might not be able to get the trailer lights
back on line.
2. Remove the steel plate on the tongue that blocks the battery
mount. There's dual tanks installed now, but I'm sure I won't need but one tank.
3. Replace the carpet with floating laminate flooring that I got at Lumber Liquidators for 59 cents/s.f. Score!
4. Add an outside light
, an additional 110 outlet inside, and a 12v outlet inside.