Upgrades on 83 burro - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2008, 09:46 AM   #1

Trailer: 13 ft Burro
Here are some pics of our project. I'll try to send some before pics , our camera was dropped and I took these pics with my phone. New cabinet doors,table,cushions,4 new lights including outside light, dvd/tv/radio, stainless back splash,25 amp converter /charger, 1000 watt inverter, the toggle switch controls the volt meter which is backlit, switch controls inverter which runs dvd/tv/radio,and two plugs, also have two plugs wired into ac end of converter , two batteries (we do lots of remote camping). More to come ... Fun project ! This trailer was in really bad shape when we bought it but we're making it ours.
Attached Thumbnails
0505080643a.jpg   0505080654.jpg  

0505080649.jpg   0505080656a.jpg  

0505080655a.jpg  
michael robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:18 AM   #2

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Nice work Michael! I really love it. It looks beautiful and is so inviting!

Jeanne
Jeanne and Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 03:06 PM   #3

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Burro
I am really impressed. How did you attached the wood replacement for the carpet? A very nice touch.
Currently our little 13' Burro has had a major frame tongue repair to both sides.(pictures this weekend).I have ordered new welting for the seam that I will be installing as soon as it comes in. Just delivered the Burro to our local RV shop to check out the furnace/stove/fridge and to install a fantastic fan and electric brake hook up. Also decided to go with 2 propane tanks (we camp alot in cooler Spring and Fall weather). Have decided to move the Battery to the tongue rather than its current location inside the Burro. A new gel coat after I bring it home this weekend, and then done for this year. However, your beautiful upgrades are so impressive that I am thinking of interior design! Thanks for the inspiration.

Rozanne
Rozanne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 06:22 PM   #4

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
that looks great! Very homey!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:27 PM   #5

Trailer: 1985 13 ft Burro
Really nice job on the 1983 burro. Lighting looks good. WE like the TV set up. I have a question . Did you have to do anything to the door to get what looks like a really good fit? I like a great many others have a problem with the fit on my 1985 Burro door. Again, nice job, thanks AL
Al POGUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:20 PM   #6

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Burro
would it be possible to see pictures of your inverter/converter set up? Where did you end up putting all this? Again I must say you did a fantastic job with your Burro.
Rozanne G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:13 PM   #7

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Beautiful modifications. You have created an inviting space. It looks great!

Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:33 AM   #8

Trailer: Tent
Quote:
Here are some pics of our project. I 'll ty to send some before pics , our camera was dropped and I took these pics with my phone. New cabinet doors,table,cushions,4 new lights including outside light, dvd/tv/radio, stainless back splash,25 amp converter /charger, 1000 watt inverter, the toggle swith controls the volt meter which is backlit, switch controls inverter which runs dvd/tv/radio,and two plugs, also have two plugs wired into ac end of converter , two batteries (we do lots of remote camping). More to come ... Fun project ! This trailer was in really bad shape when we bought it but we're making it ours.
Wow I love all of these mods. I was wondering what you have done to the ceiling, it appears to be wood not carpet (I think a see a reflection). It looks great. I like the stainless, and material choices. I like the inverter setup best. I will be doing this to both of our campers , wish I had thought of this long ago.

Mike
Old 05-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #9

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
great job!! So squeeky clean.. bright and cheery!!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 11:13 AM   #10

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
where did you get your voltmeter? It fits right in and doesn't look so dang industrial.

I have a voltmeter staring me in the face at work all day, and even tho it's a necessary evil in a trailer, I would rather it be as inconspicuous as possible. I camp to get away from work...
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 03:14 PM   #11

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Talking

Quote:
where did you get your voltmeter? It fits right in and doesn't look so dang industrial.

I have a voltmeter staring me in the face at work all day, and even tho it's a necessary evil in a trailer, I would rather it be as inconspicuous as possible. I camp to get away from work...
Hmmm looks like an automotive meter... You can get them in either 2 1/4 inch or even 1 1/2 diameter... Larry
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:24 PM   #12

Trailer: 72 Boler American
Quote:
I 'll try to send some before pics , our camera was dropped and I took these pics with my phone.
Looks great! But I have a question.....What kind of cell phone do you have?
Those pictures are great!
Brian Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:46 PM   #13

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
I am really impressed. How did you attached the [b]wood replacement for the carpet? A very nice touch.
Close inspection of the photo tells me that the seam's carpet covering has been replaced with an upholstery material that has been "lapped" similar to a Roman Shade. It looks like you used the same material for the curtains.

Very well done!
Old 05-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #14

Quote:
I am really impressed. How did you attached the wood replacement for the carpet? A very nice touch.
Currently our little 13' Burro has had a major frame tongue repair to both sides.(pictures this weekend).I have ordered new welting for the seam that I will be installing as soon as it comes in. Just delivered the Burro to our local RV shop to check out the furnace/stove/fridge and to install a fantastic fan and electric brake hook up. Also decided to go with 2 propane tanks (we camp alot in cooler Spring and Fall weather). Have decided to move the Battery to the tongue rather than its current location inside the Burro. A new gel coat after I bring it home this weekend, and then done for this year. However, your beautiful upgrades are so impressive that I am thinking of interior design! Thanks for the inspiration.

Rozanne
Sorry it took so long to get back, kids, baseball, work ect... I used 1x2 cut to about 3 inches, epoxy and patience. I used maple, stained and sealed .Still finishing trim.
Attached Thumbnails
0521081029.jpg  
Old 05-21-2008, 01:30 PM   #15

Quote:
would it be possible to see pictures of your inverter/converter set up? Where did you end up putting all this? Again I must say you did a fantastic job with your Burro.
I put the inverter under the table area. It was pretty easy to set up. Cut the hole and followed the instructions for the wiring. I chose a 3 stage 25 amp inverter/converter. Did you need to see the actual wiring ? or where I put it ?
Attached Thumbnails
0505080656.jpg  
Old 05-21-2008, 01:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Wow I love all of these mods. I was wondering what you have done to the ceiling, it appears to be wood not carpet (I think a see a reflection). It looks great. I like the stainless, and material choices. I like the inverter setup best. I will be doing this to both of our campers , wish I had thought of this long ago.

Mike
Thanks, I wanted a different look so I removed the carpet on the ceiling and used epoxy to place small wood blocks on the ceiling . I then stained thin maple and cut it to fit. There was a lot of trail and error and I still have to finish the trim. The inverter set up works great, and was pretty easy to install once all the brainstorming was done.
Attached Thumbnails
0325081659c.jpg   0521081029.jpg  

Old 05-21-2008, 02:06 PM   #17

Quote:

It is a voltmeter from kragen auto, 21 bucks and you can choose from 4 different backlit colors. I installed a toggle switch to turn it on as needed so it wouldn't be a constant draw on the battery. You dont have to hook up the light , that would eliminate the draw on the battery but it looks better and it's easier to read at night.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:32 PM   #18

Trailer: Tent
Thumbs down

Quote:
Thanks, I wanted a different look so I removed the carpet on the ceiling and used epoxy to place small wood blocks on the ceiling . I then stained thin maple and cut it to fit. There was a lot of trail and error and I still have to finish the trim. The inverter set up works great, and was pretty easy to install once all the brainstorming was done.

I love the wood look. I have just started to replace the floor in my 1982. I will likely top off with a laminate floor, matching new cabinet doors, and now a ceiling to complete the wood look. Mine is so rough right now, it really helps to see that there is hope. Please keep posting pictures as your continue with your mods. The inspiration is great.

We are fortunate that the Burro is a labor of love, and we have another camper to use. I doubt I will get much use this summer from the burro, but hopefully by fall it will rebuilt to a usable level. I had always enjoyed moding our campers but having purchased a 2008 Roo in the fall, my wife told me hands off while under warranty. So I went out and found another "project".

Mike

Tags
burro