using the useless rear bench in a Burro - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-09-2009, 11:57 PM   #15

Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
Registry
Mary, the TV has a 12 volt power supply, meaning it runs on 12 volt dc directly. It has a cigarette lighter style plug that just plugs directly into one of my 12v sockets. It also comes with a wall wart.. a converter that takes 120v and drops it down to 12v. Small Electronic items actually run on dc voltage, the converter supply is just built into the "thing" and it plugs into 120. You can hack into these things if you know what you are doing and run it direct with the proper DC voltage, but I don't recommend trying if you are not experienced.

Nothing actually runs off my solar. The solar charges my battery only, and then stuff runs off of it.

I have a Winegard amplified antenna for getting over the air broadcast stations, and this tv has a digital tuner and HD. I don't need my converter box anymore.

I am not a degreed engineer, no. But I was an engineering tech in my past life...frankly, I like parking RVs better

Pamela, I thought of clear coating, but that usually also changes the color of the wood.. more noticeable on lighter colors, no? Or is that only certain kinds of wood? I know I won't be clear coating the cedar.. that effects the aroma. It will brown up with age if exposed to the sun.. but I had it in a spot on my walls in my house for over a decade with no fade.

Old 06-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #16

Trailer: Trillium 13 ft.-1974, Scamps 16 ft.-1996 & 13 ft.-2003
Quote:
Mary, the TV has a 12 volt power supply, meaning it runs on 12 volt dc directly. It has a cigarette lighter style plug that just plugs directly into one of my 12v sockets. It also comes with a wall wart.. a converter that takes 120v and drops it down to 12v. Small Electronic items actually run on dc voltage, the converter supply is just built into the "thing" and it plugs into 120. You can hack into these things if you know what you are doing and run it direct with the proper DC voltage, but I don't recommend trying if you are not experienced.

Nothing actually [b]runs off my solar. The solar charges my battery only, and then stuff runs off of it.

I have a Winegard amplified antenna for getting over the air broadcast stations, and this tv has a digital tuner and HD. I don't need my converter box anymore.

I am not a degreed engineer, no. But I was an engineering tech in my past life...frankly, I like parking RVs better

Pamela, I thought of clear coating, but that usually also changes the color of the wood.. more noticeable on lighter colors, no? Or is that only certain kinds of wood? I know I won't be clear coating the cedar.. that effects the aroma. It will brown up with age if exposed to the sun.. but I had it in a spot on my walls in my house for over a decade with no fade.
Gina: Thanks for the info-I look forward to reading about mod.& helping others-Mary Lynn K.

Tags
burro