Very Practical Mod for Us - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2006, 11:18 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe 2006
Send a message via AIM to Patt Weaver
Wink

We've been trying to decide what to leave behind if we take an extended trip so we sat in the Coop for a while and came up with this mod. I like to have my own space but didn't want the second table that comes in the Liberty because of it's bigger size. I need a small space on which to sit my Inkle loom or tiny sewing machine and this is what we did and it works! The only thing extra we have to carry for it is the leg which easily "rides" in the closet.
Attached Thumbnails
DualUseSinkMod1.JPG   dualUseSinkMod3.JPG  

dualUseSinkMod4.JPG  
Patt Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:33 AM   #2

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Very clever Pat. We did something similar only using the wood that covers the holes in the benches. We ordered 2 without holes from Casita. We have a board that is used when we make up the twin beds at night. It is 54" long and lays on top of the two boards. We can seat 7 for eating or playing games.

We use the wood sink cover for additional work space .. It fits perfect on our kitchen drawer.
It's amazing how these little items help in our Casita.
Attached Thumbnails
Upton_Casita_Interior_low_res_16.jpg   Wood_sink_cover_over_drawer.JPG  

CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 12:41 PM   #3

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Liberty Deluxe 2006
Send a message via AIM to Patt Weaver
What a terrific idea. I know what I will do if I want to "change the furniture" like I do at home. I like your interior. The LD is so versatile. I didn't know the sink cover would fit on the drawer but since we added the foldable shelf beside the sink, I think I have enough space now. Hmmmm, I'm thinking of a nice wide shelf board that I have that would make a great long table if I ever need it.
Patt Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:14 PM   #4

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Thanks Patt

We usually only keep the small back table up - it works really well for us to eat ... that leaves us all the walk room in front. The photo shows both used - that's when we would use the large board to place on top of them.. That actually was a bonus when we did the twin bed mod and made the two boards under the cushions for support. We didn't plan on using the board for a table.

We also have the foldable shelf, but our is white.... I use that for sitting a toaster on or an appliance - I still do use the board on the drawer.

Someday I hope we can see each others mods. Your foldable shlef is where we got that idea... Thanks again.
CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 07:11 PM   #5

Trailer: Two 13 ft Scamps
Registry
These are excellent ideas! Great job!
jaye580 is offline   Reply With Quote