Voltage on TOW Connector - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #43
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2011 Escape 17B
Oswego, NY
30 amp fuse is OK as long as they ran #10 wire. If they ran something small such as #14 or even #16, the wire will melt before the fuse blows, at least with small overloads.

Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #44
Name: Huck
Trailer: ParkLiner
I'm telling you people, there are dumb questions and dumb people. And I'm going to keep at it until I convince you.

The reason the battery tester always read 13.88 was because that's what they printed on the clear plastic that covered the led readout. Actually they printed 13.68, but when plugged in it appeared as 13.88. Now that the plastic is off, it works fine.

Not much I can say in defense except I often leave the plastic on devices and they have always been blank. Dumb idea to print 13.68 on it.

Originally Posted by Huck View Post
I plug this in the 12 v outlet in the trailer and it always reads 13.88.

When I plug it into the cigarette lighter in my car it seems to work properly, so I think it is working OK.

Any ideas why it would always read 13.88? The biggest fluctuation I have seen is .01 v, but it goes right back to 13.88.

INNOVA 3721 Battery and Charging System Monitor

Huck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #45
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search