Want to add storage area. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2014, 09:53 PM   #1

Name: Linda
Trailer: Burro 13'. 1982
Montana
Want to add storage area.

Have a 1982 Burro.....I would like to add some storage above the dinette area. I was thinking about using 3m Command hooks and stringing up some sort of netting. I wouldn't be able to put anything very heavy in it but maybe bedding or sweatshirts, etc. Anyone tried this or have some other ideas? Obviously there are no cabinets there.......

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Lfoxmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:35 AM   #2

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
I'm not too familiar with the Burro, but we added storage in our Scamp by building a wooden cabinet over the dinette. In our case we supported it from the exisiting window frames. You can see it in the beginning of Preparing a 1991 Scamp under Modifications. If you are interested and have specific questions drop me a PM.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 04:58 AM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Here is the thread that Norm refers to. http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...6-a-46387.html

Boy, Norm, this thread is LOADED with great information!!!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:26 AM   #4

Name: Linda
Trailer: Burro 13'. 1982
Montana
I might try that chrome shelf.....I don't have any windows or cabinets to mount them to but maybe the wood could be attached using the famous sticky tape. Thanks for the idea....like that much better than netting.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Lfoxmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #5

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Linda, As I said earlier we do not own a Burro and only have been in one once. On the other hand I have found that there are numerous places that one can add storage in these small trailers. In addition one can improve the existing storage via simple additions.

We have added 5 drawers. Three of the drawers are in locations, like under dinette seats, that were accessed from the top. By adding drawers the volume became more organized and useful. Two of the drawers were in places where Scamp had nothing.

Under the center of our couch was a large storage area, We added two plastic bins with covers that Ginny uses for some of her clothes. Behind these Bins we have a shelf for tools held in two smaller plastic boxes.

Other spaces were converted. Under the sink we made shelves for pots and pans. Across from the sink we added a narrow pantry for canned goods. Under the fridge we built another storage space for cans.

We have a ceiling to floor cabinet. The bottom portion was mostly enclosed. We cut the front and put an air conditioner in. Above the air conditioner we made a new door and turned it into a clothes hamper and above that with a separate door we have a shelved region.

We have bought plastic shelves and attached them to the fiberglass for spices in the stove area, meds in the bathroom and wine under a dinette.

There are many options for storage, but more than storage organization.

If you are one of the 13 owners that keeps a permanent bed you can have two huge pull out drawers under the bed and load them up with plastic bin.

We have extended our storage to outside as well with three storage compartments on the rear bumper and 5 more under the trailer.

Just some thoughts that may help.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote