Wanting Burro front and rear windows that open - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #1

Name: Lori
Trailer: 84 Burro
Ontario
Wanting Burro front and rear windows that open

Has anyone found a place that will make new front and rear windows that open? Currently ours are one piece plexiglass ... to hot. Would also want the awning/cover for the front once done to prevent stone chips
Lori84Burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #2

Name: Jo Beth
Trailer: Burro 13'
California
Registry
I just broke one of my79 Burro's rear window sliding plexiglass window panes this weekend. I have no idea where to start to get it repaired. Maybe one of your responses will help me as well. Good luck.
Jbfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 06:39 PM   #3

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
There are some places that do custom windows. Maybe Pelland? Not cheap, though.
jen b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #4

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Here's two ideas; try a shop that does auto glass or other glass work, we have a local 3rd generation shop that is good, or my solution was to buy a rear slider window from Scamp that I was able to install in our Uhaul by slightly modifying the opening. Or just buy some plexiglass and fix it yourself. Well that's three ideas I suppose, but who's counting. Just thought of a 4th idea, google RV windows, there's a couple companies that will custom make RV windows, I'm working on that now for replacement side windows but don't have a definite solution yet. One place I tried some time ago was Pelland Enterprises and their 41 X 18 window was $600, easyRV windows.com [Atwood] is another place and they have a radius template that you can print out. secure.onedayglass.com will custom cut tempered glass I believe. Probably the most economical solution is to find a stock window that you can make work, but the trouble is that sometimes you can't tell until the old window is out and you have the new one in your hands, which is what happened to me with the side window and I found it wouldn't fit. Bob
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:22 AM   #5

Ontario
I am hoping to find some type of opening window, but if you just want to replace plexiglass I found this youtube video that is quite good for showing you to do it yourself (Boler trailer Window Installation Part one)
Old 06-26-2012, 05:26 AM   #6

Ontario
Thanks for the tips Mary and Bob, I really like the Easy RV Window Replacement EAsry RV windows site and will follow up with them ... may have some new camping destinations to go somewhere to get the window! I know I will have to put out some bucks, but having an opening rear window by the bed would be very welcome!

Tags
burro, windows