Washing Machine drum fire pit - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2006, 09:27 AM   #1

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
For those of us that like campfires, and camp in cold weather , or latter in the year in higher fire danger. I found that taking the drum out of a upright washing machine and using it on top of the fire ring works great. We sometimes just use a few rocks to get it up for air circulation. Many of the campfire rings do not put out much heat , Mainly because they can not get any, air with all the holes the drum works great. Also if need be a screen can be used on top. We used it yesterday in the spitting snowy weather as we worked on the yard , Toasty warm
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:34 AM   #2

Registry
I would think that some of the RrrrVVV parks designed for 40" diesel pushers and Land Barges would not approve of this method of a warming fire.
Old 03-12-2006, 09:37 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Yeah Taylor, but cleaning it up and putting it back in the washer so I could wash clothes would be a major undertaking.

I've seen this at a semi-permanent campsite. Works great!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:45 AM   #4

Registry
Quote:
Yeah Taylor, but cleaning it up and putting it back in the washer so I could wash clothes would be a major undertaking.

I've seen this at a semi-permanent campsite. Works great!
That is why my wife bought me a wash board for christmas. Yes a pick up is needed to transport, I just let it cool and dump the ashes and secure it in the truck, We have a place we go to on the south side of Mt St Helens , stay a week of two this is really nice.