Water Pressure Accumulator - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-17-2003, 07:37 AM   #15

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Accumulators

Benny, fortunately, RV accumulators are usually pretty modest volume. The black one shown in the above installations is only 0.75 Qt/0.7L. The larger one Shurflo sells is only 3 gallons. If I used a "house" sized accumulator (12 or more gallons) I can see how I might be surprised by a soggy floor one morning.

Old 03-17-2003, 06:38 PM   #16

Ripple Rock CG

Benny, I don't have a VI BC map in front of me, but it's on the East side, pretty far North, where the straits are getting narrow as VI almost meets the mainland. I just can't recall the name of the nearby town/city for sure, but it was probably Campbell River.

Pete and Rats

Old 03-17-2003, 07:31 PM   #17

Quote:
Orginally posted by Benny K

* * * * * * Hi everybody... * On my bus conversion I used a pressure on demand pump and it normally ran steady if a tap was opened and would only cycle if you had a drip someplace. I used this system because if a leak was sprung you would only leak water until you hit the main pump switch. With a tank you will run out the tank capacity before the pump comes on and you realize that you have a problem and could result in some damage. At home with the well we used to use a small tank which gave us fresh cold water for drinking in short order but now use a 12 gallon tank. *Whatever works... * * * * * * *P.S. Hoping to go to Qualicum Bay on Vancouver Island in June and wanted to know where abouts is Ripple Rock CG?? * Benny
Hi
Ripple Rock is just North of Campbell River.It was a rock in the channel which blocked big vessels.A tunnel was built under the channel and was filled with explosives and rock blown out.I think it was one of the biggest man made non nuck explosion.
Old 03-17-2003, 08:28 PM   #18

Hi again...Thanks for the info about Ripple Rock... Will try and get out there before campout at Qualicum Bay......Benny
Old 03-18-2003, 12:04 AM   #19

Benny

Campbell River is just over a hour north of Qualicum and Qualicum Bay. (They are 2 different places albeit close together) I bought my TT in Campbell River. Lot's of great camping on Vancouver Island. Make sure you have a reservation on the ferry as it get's extremely busy during the summer, especially weekends. :) www.bcferries.com
Old 03-19-2003, 08:24 PM   #20

Hi again....Thanks for the info on the ferries... If all goes well I`ll be crossing some time about the middle of the week, but will reserve anyway just in case.........Benny