Water System (off-grid) Ideas - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-09-2018, 01:49 PM   #1

Name: Ashley
Trailer: Burro
Arizona
Water System (off-grid) Ideas

Our little 13' Burro is really coming together! Now that we have the exterior and windows done (photo attached) we are next going to focus on the water system.

Does anyone have an off-grid water system (clean water tank/gray water tank) in a Burro/Scamp/similar 13' trailer?

We have our hand pump faucet and sink already installed and have scrapped our original water tank that sat under the side bench seat. Our current plan is to have a 6 gallon gray water tank under the sink beside the wheel and to figure out the right size water tank to fit under the bench seat beside the sink.

Any other ideas are appreciated thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2018-04-09 at 12.36.23 PM.jpg  
wxmixte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 03:54 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Place the gray tank outside. Run sink drain to a outside hose bib.
That way you can really size the tank you will need.
You can build a venturie if you need to vent.
No venting under sink, no mess, and save the cabinet area for other items.
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 04:09 PM   #3

Name: Fernando
Trailer: Trillium Jubilee
New Jersey
Hi my friend
Can you please tell me where you bough the new window for your camper

That looks very nice

Beautiful Work
Falicea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:33 PM   #4

Trailer: Boler 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by mszabo View Post
Place the gray tank outside. Run sink drain to a outside hose bib.
That way you can really size the tank you will need.
You can build a venturie if you need to vent.
No venting under sink, no mess, and save the cabinet area for other items.
I've tried this several times and the hose gets vapor locked and it takes for ever to drain sink. I solved the problem by cutting hose and putting a 1/2 inch copper tee in hole with a stand pipe off one end of the one end of the run of the tee, Up higher then the rim of the sink and it drained good after that.
Gerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:19 AM   #5

Name: Buggeee
Trailer: Playpac
OH
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxmixte View Post
Does anyone have an off-grid water system (clean water tank/gray water tank) in a Burro/Scamp/similar 13' trailer?
13ft Playpac

I put a 30 gallon fresh water tank under one of the dinette seats with a 12v pump on it to pressurize the system.

I have a single 8 gallon tank for the waste that sits on the floor in the closet, with a hole for the waste pipe leading out below to a standard RV waste valve. Including the waste pipe I'll guess its about a 10 gallon situation. The little tank has a re-enforced top on it so the toilet sits on it, making it the same height as the one at home. I'll set the 30 gallon blue campground waste tote outside next to the outlet for the weekend so I can dump the tank a few times before dragging the tote to the station.

The sink will also drain into that one tank. I figure the sink will be for hand-washing and teeth brushing so not a lot of added waste water from that.

I have plumbed an exterior spigot to use for a portable water heater and an outdoor shower pop-up teepee, so that water is just going to go on the ground. We use paper plates and plastic dinnerware when camping so minimal dish-washing of a griddle or two will occur on the side there by the shower too.

You can see pictures of whats been done so far in the build thread in my signature.
Buggeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:58 AM   #6

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
we have stayed wih it

p/o took out the sink took out the stove put a solid cover over the holes I like it. most cooking done outside!

we run a portapotti and carry around 8 gal jugs of water with us. we can get by with 1 gal of water a day. no dishes no dish washing all disposables.

there it is pretty simple

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote