Water Tank Filler - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #1

Name: Dave
Trailer: Currently Shopping
Alberta
Water Tank Filler

I have a 76 Boler and the water fill valve (mechanism) is rather a pain in the butt. The gasket seal was gone when I bought it, and I tried to cut some new ones, but they did not work out so well.
I would like to replace the whole fill port. I am looking for suggestions/pictures/links of what others have used.

Cheers!
Dave
davelikebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:23 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Dave, there are many solutions from locking (with pullout filler), to what Scamp uses.. which the entire thing sits on the outside of the body.

Are you looking to replace something similar to the aluminum body filler that may have been original to your Boler (similar to the plastic Scamp)... or what? Basically, what are your expectations?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #3

Alberta
Thanks Donna.

I am really looking at the two options:
Gravity Water Tank Fill Spout Flush Mount RV Camper | eBay

and

RV camper Trailer Marine Gravity Water Fill Dish New L | eBay

The second one is similar to the original Boler one I currently have on my camper. I find it slow to fill and like I mentioned my gasket is gone.

Just wondering what people recommend. Is one better or easier to fill than the other?
Who likes what?

Cheers!
Dave
Old 09-06-2013, 07:32 AM   #4

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
Dave, The filler you select will depend on on how you fill your tank. The first kind is great if you are always going to fill your tank with a hose. The second kind, which I call the pelican beak, will work a lot better if you're ever out somewhere and need to use a bucket.

My Casita has the second kind and it's come in handy when I've been boondocking. The biggest disadvantage I've found is that the overflow hose hangs straight down and tends to lose water when I travel. So I've learned to block it with a small rubber stopper while in transit.
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #5

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
I use the straight in "hose fill" port on all my trailers. But... I also take a large funnel and, using a couple pieces of 1/2" or 3/4" PVC and some elbow fittings, make an adapter that lets me fill the tank from a bucket using the funnel.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:53 AM   #6

Alberta
Thanks everyone, that's the kind of info I was looking for.

Cheers!
Dave