We are doing a total 70's retro look! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2003, 01:44 AM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We are doing a total 70's retro look!

We are doing a total 70's retro look with our little precious EGG! I love showing our friends our EGG because they all laugh so hard and then say "WOW" now that thing is cute, well it is in the early stages of a makeover! We purchased our 13 foot Scamp from some one who had no idea what they had. I ( Mike's wife Nikki) took it upon myself to go check the little puppy out myself for our 8,000 mile trip over 42 day's across the United States and back. It was love at first sight! I had to purchase it, and for a fraction of the cost of Hotel room's! Our 2 son's 7 & 4 thought it was the neatest thing, well I obviously bought it and brought it home for a new look. We gutted the entire thing, recovered the foam with a very nice Chenille fabric, made some 70's retro curtains and painted the cupboards that nice 70's green ( pea green) and now we are working on painting the interior and putting down flooring and putting my little EGG back into 1 piece, well of course we leave Las Vegas NV on july 8th :reye2 and we are slowly running out of time... so everyone wish us well and i will be sure to post some photo's as we finish the restoration and new look for our little additionto our family! Anyone ever tinted the window's? And anyone have any suggestions for getting gooey stuff off the window's? The last person had up those really annoying mountain scenes! Just wanted to share our adventure and join in on a fun forum!
Nikki Sachs
13 foot 1973 Scamp!
:wave

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 01:59 AM   #2

Hi Mike
Souds like you are having fun with your Scamp.Post some photos when you get a chance.Have a great trip.:wave

Old 06-19-2003, 06:29 AM   #3

Window Tint

Mike, read this thread: http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/read.php...12&page=1#22734 about the window tint.:E

Retro look? Cooooool. Please post pics when you can, have a safe trip too!

Old 06-20-2003, 09:28 PM   #4

**getting gooey stuff off the window's**
nail polish remover,
acetone (same thing, I believe)
Simple Green
Oil it, rub it, then wash it.
lacquer thinner
Goo

as you can tell, I really don't know what to use, but I'd try which ever one of these was handy and work my way down or up the list. Surely one would work. :wak

Old 07-01-2003, 08:37 AM   #5

How fun

Nikki -

I was toodling down the highways and byways when you first posted this so I missed it.

Sounds like a lot of fun. 70's retro? :o Is 70's retro? Oh, my. I am showing my age! I had to go all the way back to the 40's/50's to get retro! ;)

It's going to be a great look! And what a fun thing for a family to do!

Old 07-01-2003, 09:46 AM   #6

Suz,

It's OK, really. The 70's are over, but I've only just moved into the 80's.:drums

It's my reality and I'm sticking to it!:laugh

Dina (& Jim)

Old 07-01-2003, 10:17 AM   #7

Whew

Thanks, Dina. Glad to know that I'm not the only one! ;)