We Made Some Changes To Our Eggcamper! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2019, 12:56 PM   #1

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
We Made Some Changes To Our Eggcamper!

We made a few changes to the interior of our 2011 Eggcamper - sharing over the next few emails in case someone is interested. The two most important changes involved the bed and the dining table. Having the big bed set up in the back of the camper made it difficult to reach the overhead storage bins as well as the storage bins located near the floor, under the bed. Also, we are both tall, and wanted a more comfortable sleeping arrangement. We toured another brand camper recently and admired the twin bed set up that allowed each person enough room to stretch out comfortably… And we realized we could make something similar in our Eggcamper. We eliminated the dining table and two seats (more on that later) and turned that area into a twin bed – the other twin bed runs the width of the camper in the back - so it is an “L” shape sleeping arrangement. We had couch/mattresses custom-made to exactly fit the shape of the camper and the fabric we chose was Sunbrella, so that it would be durable and easy to maintain. The back bed is 88“ x 30“ wide and the side bed is 93” long and 28.5” wide - we also had an extra cushion made in the area next to the sink (matching the height of the mattress). We didn’t want to have too many cushions because there would be no place to store those at night when we were sleeping so we just had two matching cushions and two bolsters made and then used our original throw pillows. On the dining area side, we increased the width of the fiberglass mold by using a plywood insert to support the couch/mattress. Next post will about our new Lagun table!
Attached Thumbnails
EA435953-B29D-40F7-AD6B-EBEEE87540B0.jpg   417126FD-993F-4C82-9165-D4D42766418A.jpg  

93EA6BB7-A2BB-41BD-8086-0A6DB7ADB811.jpg  
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:27 PM   #2

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
That looks great, plus functional.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 01:45 PM   #3

Name: Sandra
Trailer: 2006 EggCamper #35
Florida
Registry
Very Nicely Done Letitia!Thanks for sharing these pictures.
Old 08-18-2019, 01:46 PM   #4

Florida
Registry
The Lagun Table

.....continuing with the Changes to our Eggcamper:
We relocated the pedestal dining table - actually removed the pedestal and fitting, and purchased a Lagun table mount. We reused the original Eggcamper dining table top with the Lagun system. For the installation, we used 1/2” thick plywood on the inside of the cabinet space to provide necessary reinforcement of the fiberglass in order to install the mount. We also purchased two extra mounting plates so that the mounts would line up all the way to the floor to provide maximum support and range of adjustability. We do not need to remove the table when traveling due to this additional support. The Lagun system is great because it allows for various configurations and locations of the table by simply swiveling or adjusting the height. For example, it could be an extension of the counter space in the food prep area. It can be a side table or “night” table, a work/game table......and of course, a dining table! Since the table can be swiveled to the side, it allows the aisle to be more open so that the camper feels roomier, and the top and bottom storage hatches are very accessible.
Attached Thumbnails
D0281F75-4CC3-4C66-B393-8DE29BB83160.jpg   8C40F477-8B8C-4522-976B-7DC553AE553E.jpg  

39C0D694-8E03-42C4-ACC8-0FEE538ABD1F.jpg   70D79FE0-6A56-4BA3-AB92-35EDC5BE5C04.jpg  

2011 Eggcamper #106
Old 08-18-2019, 02:05 PM   #5

Florida
Registry
Extend-A-Shower

Continuing with Changes to our Eggcamper:

Here’s a small change that will make a nice difference for us - we installed an “Extend-A-Shower” rod for the wet bath curtain. We considered adding a door, but realized that made the room tight, with no “elbow room” when showering. The doorway width was more narrow than the rod, but an adjustment was made by cutting the rod to fit.
The rod easily pushes in (where it can be used as a drying rack), and you just pull it out when you use the wet bath. We use a Hookless shower curtain, so it is easy to take down for washing.
Attached Thumbnails
7294F193-E0BA-4520-B92E-DDD0BBDF1C49.jpg   A7B89A6F-7167-4B0B-B283-2CDC12CEAAB7.jpg  

43B05928-276C-4EF9-8C0F-C004BBC86103.jpg  
2011 Eggcamper #106
Old 08-19-2019, 11:08 AM   #6

Florida
Registry
Eggcamper: TV, Porch Light, Hatch, and more...

Thanks Michael & Sandy! And welcome to you Sandy - hope you will love your Eggcamper!
.....continuing with a few more modifications.....
We also added a screen door handle - inexpensive, easy installation....wish we had known about that years ago.
We added an outside “porch” light.
There was some space under the refrigerator, so we carefully made an opening, added a hatch cover, and now have extra storage for utility items like tools, etc.
We mounted a TV (reinforced the installation), re-purposed a fiberglass limb cutter into an antenna pole, and added a small antenna, as well as adding an outside cable connection. We like to keep up with weather & news....otherwise we are not big TV-watchers.
We added an extra layer of insulation to our “pantry” closet, and built a little closed cubby for the spare tire. Trimmed up the shelves.....all removable in case we need to get to the tire.
We have a few more items on the “To Do” list.....we were actually extremely happy with the Eggcamper when we bought it....just tweaking things over the years to make it best for us. As we have done these modifications, we have consistently admired and appreciated the great workmanship Jim Palmer put into these trailers. We love ours and want to keep it forever!
Attached Thumbnails
70D53478-5FB2-4AB1-852E-761F7788C02F.jpg   C2FB7596-038B-4E56-A4AD-21156660E4B5.jpg  

A321B038-F68C-4B85-967E-0A02B65D5F94.jpg   8B25D589-4231-4682-8596-BD8DB44C42AE.jpg  

AE618AC3-1F9D-4AE9-A4FC-609C90E15858.jpg  
2011 Eggcamper #106
Old 08-19-2019, 12:13 PM   #7

Name: Vicki
Trailer: 2019 Scamp 13' with 2015 Nissan Frontier V6
Alabama
I love what you have done in the camper! Your colors are what I did in my house and my favorite. The entire inside of your Egg camper is awesome!
Vicki Hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:05 AM   #8

Name: Victoria
Trailer: Shopping
California
I've been looking at the Lagun table. Glad it's worked well for you! Thanks for sharing your photos and mods.
vbpetersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 11:38 AM   #9

Name: G.
Trailer: Fiber Stream
Oregon
Smile Looks great

What brand is that hatch door?
Ghos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 12:23 PM   #10

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Very clever changes!

CindyL
Old 08-24-2019, 03:55 PM   #11

Florida
Registry
Thank you....we are happy with the changes!
Here is the info on the hatch cover.....from Amazon, $35
SEAFLO Marine Boat Deck Access Hatch & Lid 14.75" x 10.6", White
2011 Eggcamper #106
Old 08-25-2019, 09:19 AM   #12

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Letitia View Post
.....continuing with the Changes to our Eggcamper:
We relocated the pedestal dining table - actually removed the pedestal and fitting, and purchased a Lagun table mount. We reused the original Eggcamper dining table top with the Lagun system. For the installation, we used 1/2” thick plywood on the inside of the cabinet space to provide necessary reinforcement of the fiberglass in order to install the mount. We also purchased two extra mounting plates so that the mounts would line up all the way to the floor to provide maximum support and range of adjustability. We do not need to remove the table when traveling due to this additional support. The Lagun system is great because it allows for various configurations and locations of the table by simply swiveling or adjusting the height. For example, it could be an extension of the counter space in the food prep area. It can be a side table or “night” table, a work/game table......and of course, a dining table! Since the table can be swiveled to the side, it allows the aisle to be more open so that the camper feels roomier, and the top and bottom storage hatches are very accessible.

Love, love, love what you have done inside your egg. I am looking at options for a table to use at the front couch so I can leave the bed made up permanently. Thinking of doing two smaller ones, one I can also use as an extension of the counter that can swing down and around to use as a table and the other would be on the door side it would need to swing toward couch and fold down when not in use, so we can still use the couch for sitting. My question is do the Lagun table tops also fold?
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 10:07 AM   #13

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Very nice...
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 12:05 PM   #14

Florida
Registry
Nancy,
The Lagun Table System does not come with a table top.....just the mounting system and hardware. Lagunusa.com. There are lots of ideas if you search on the escape RV forum, as it seems many people who purchased that camper brand have added the Lagun table - - and they have some ideas about building a table top that will fold. We just used our original table top that was in the Eggcamper, and because of the Lagun system, we can swivel it around all different ways to accommodate our needs, and we can also take it out of the bracket if we want to remove the table totally (or just the table top only)....although we think there will never be a need to do that. If you buy another mounting plate, you could use the same assembly in a different location… Either in the camper or outside the camper, if you want the table set up somewhere else.
Hope this helps!
2011 Eggcamper #106
Old 08-25-2019, 03:32 PM   #15

Name: Jan
Trailer: 21' Escape
California
Your interior is lovely and the changes were certainly well thought out.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:03 AM   #16

Name: Bill
Trailer: Egg Camper
Bolingbrook
Changes to Egg Camper

Hi we haven't posted in a while but recently have been looking for ways to make our Egg Camper a little more user friendly for indoor cooking and utensil storage. Our old truck camper had drawers for these things which we came to like. We decided to add drawers and shelves in the under sink area.

To make room for this, the first thing we had to do was move the electric heater. That got a little involved as we needed to re-route the drain piping from the sink to be able to mount the heater low. I also wanted to eliminate the separate switch for the heater so I added a lighted rocker switch to the heater itself. Here is a picture of the relocated heater with an open space for the drawers.

Next I fabricated a drawer unit from Baltic birch plywood. Here is a picture:

Made three simple drawers using tracks I bought a Rockler:

Finished and Installed the unit and it looks like this:

Working on shelves now, will post some pictures when they are done.

Bill
Bill-June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:15 AM   #17

Name: Bill
Trailer: Egg Camper
Bolingbrook
Pictures for mods

Somehow the pictures didn't get attached.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1136.jpg   60954413293__FC77BD36-ADE5-4490-89ED-EB665515E6AB.jpg  

IMG_1144.jpg  
Bill-June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 07:22 PM   #18

Name: Toinette
Trailer: 2011 Egg Camper #101, the Abel Egg, pulled by 2019 Nissan PathFinder
Alabama
Registry
Letitia,
I love all the mods you have made to your Egg, especially the bed layout. Where did you get the custom mattresses made?
Thanks for sharing all the photos and explanations. I am not an engineer, so I doubt if I could handle the jobs myself!

Tonie
in the Abel Egg, 2011 EggCamper #101
TWelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:43 AM   #19

Florida
Registry
Hi Tonie,
The custom mattresses were made at a local upholstery shop that specialized in outdoor and marine cushions. We used Sunbrella for the fabric. We cut out a paper pattern to incorporate the curves of the Eggcamper so that it is a perfect fit - and they can even be reversed, although the bottom sides don’t have the extra layer of memory foam as on the tops. We also had matching bolsters & cushions made so there is a “ bed/couch” look to it.
2011 Eggcamper #106
Old 07-11-2020, 12:44 PM   #20

Name: Toinette
Trailer: 2011 Egg Camper #101, the Abel Egg, pulled by 2019 Nissan PathFinder
Alabama
Registry
Thanks, Letitia! Where in FL is the mattress company? I have relatives in the Tallahassee-Madison area, also in the Plant City area. Any chance it might be close to those areas? No idea when our next trip down there might be, but there is hope! :-)
in the Abel Egg, 2011 EggCamper #101
TWelch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper