What is the strangest thing you've ever found? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2014, 07:06 PM   #1

Name: Steph
Trailer: Perris Pacer 13'
California
Registry
What is the strangest thing you've ever found?

Started tearing into our "new to us" egg today, wanted to find out what "mysteries"were lurking beneath it's cosmetically challenged interior. We were ripping out the insulation and to our surprise we found quite a few bebe gun pellets trapped between the insulation and the fiberglass shell. I was just wondering, what surprises others have found?
ratty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:32 PM   #2

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
Usually dirt, mouse houses,rotten wood,rusted bolts.
Chuck
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:14 AM   #3

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Mine was lightly used, he took it to 3 jazz festivals and never filled the water tank or used the water heater....I had a few ketchup packets in the drawer.

Now I've bought several used sailboats and now have an accumulation of small pipe wrenches lol (i don't think I ever used one on any of my boats...I used sockets for tightening/loosening bolts)

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:31 PM   #4

Name: Lesa
Trailer: In the market!
Arizona
How about my roof artwork - the rusted outline of an adjustable wrench! (If I could keep it lol)
SimplyLesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #5

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Steph, I found bebes in my camper also. What's up with the bebes? Still finding them hidden away.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:07 AM   #6

Name: David
Trailer: Casita
Texas
I recently picked up a 1986 casita completely gutted except for the rotten wood floor. Tore it out and found a beautiful mint state brown 1957 wheat cent, perfect for me as I collect coins. I think I'll put it back under the new floor because someone wanted it there to begin with.
Lightrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:05 AM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Some little blue pills, hidden in the bottom of a 12 volt fan box.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:34 PM   #8

Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft / 2001 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
While driving through Alaska, my brake controlling intermittently flashed "nc" for a while until it stayed that way (not connected). Then I found out the brake wiring connections to the brake drums were done with scotchlock connectors. When I got home I redid all the connections by soldering with heat shrink tubing.
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:41 PM   #9

Trailer: 1996 Casita Freedom Deluxe 17 ft
When I bought my 1996 Casita, the seller acted like he was in a big hurry, managing to hide things like a noisy fan in the heater and a bad battery. Later, I removed one of the back benches to work on the plumbing and found an envelope with five crisp 20 dollar bills inside. Do you think I told him? Hah!
Terry G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 04:43 PM   #10

Name: Lesa
Trailer: In the market!
Arizona
Haha lol. That's great Terry
SimplyLesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:52 PM   #11

Name: Mark
Trailer: 1969 Boler (Flat Top)
British Columbia
Registry
Antique tooth picks in my "69 Boler.

When I painted the ensolite in the overhead kitchen cupboards I found some odd shaped tooth picks made of a dark hard wood wedged under neath.
(#183)
WildBirder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:34 PM   #12

Name: Lil
Trailer: '84 13' Scamp & '14 homebuilt Benroy Teardrop
Minnesota
Registry
My '84 Scamp came with a Dometic 2201 3-way fridge but no instructions. I was able to figure out how to run it on electricity without much trouble. No battery on the tongue so I didn't run it on 12 volt, and never have as it would drain the battery in a New York minute. The instructions to light the propane were affixed to a metal plate accessed from the outside access panel, but they were at an odd angle, in very small hard-to-read print, and not easily read as parts of the instructions were blocked by the gas lines.
When fixing up the inside, I decided to remove the floor in the closet to paint it to make it easier to clean. There, in the wheel well, were:
1. A 1984 penny~the year my Scamp was "born",
2. The information sheet for Judge C. R. Magney State Park which is located near Grand Marais, MN on Lake Superior North Shore (must take the old girl back there some day),
3. And HOORAY! the full instructions/manual for the Dometic 2201 3-way fridge in a manila envelope.
With the normal size print, I was able to figure out how to light the gas with the instructions, so now I can boondock!
Lil M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:36 AM   #13

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1982 16 ft
Registry
In a sticky that I rebuilt (before my FG days), I found a beautiful but simple 18k gold chain, that I gave to my daughter! After 20 years, she still has it.

Vic
Victor Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #14

Name: Kelly
Trailer: '75 Trillium 1300
Arizona
Not necessarily strange, but DH and I *thought* we had cleaned out the trailer top to bottom. We were showing it off to some friends over the weekend and my 1 yr old reaches into the PO built kitchen cubbies and pulls out a kitchen knife holding it by the blade. Apparently her little head could get to an angle we couldn't see and grabbed the shiny object. Fortunately it was a cheap and dull knife - not a scratch on her, but it was something out of a horror movie to see a toddler wielding that. Lol
Kelly H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:18 AM   #15

Name: Steph
Trailer: Perris Pacer 13'
California
Registry
If only these FG walls could talk!LOL
ratty3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:40 PM   #16

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrain View Post
I recently picked up a 1986 casita completely gutted except for the rotten wood floor. Tore it out and found a beautiful mint state brown 1957 wheat cent, perfect for me as I collect coins. I think I'll put it back under the new floor because someone wanted it there to begin with.
I wouldn't put it back if I were you. It obviously brought no luck to your floor!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:41 PM   #17

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Not sure if this is strange or not but I found a square white plastic thing that seems like it is a light fixture cover or maybe a vent cover. For the life of me I can't figure out where it goes.

I use it as a tray on the workbench for small fasteners thinking someday I'll come across where that stupid thing goes. But for all I know it has nothing to do with the camper and was just something left in it.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote