When buyingan old Boler Exterior fiber?? - Fiberglass RV

Old 06-01-2012, 05:59 AM   #1
Name: Isabelle
Trailer: Livin Lite Quicksilver 10
When buyingan old Boler Exterior fiber??

When you bought yourn old boler, That you knew you had to redone almost everything, how was the exterior fiber? I mean are you looking for one that the fiber is ok, or if it doesn't matter? Is it easy to do fiber? Or are you looking for one that the exterior doesn't have to be touch? I saw several project on the forum, but not reaaly does the personns were talking about redoing the exterior fiber for exemple, the section where the front frame hitch(don't know this in english sorry) , go under the fiber it is often very damage.... or the fiber ios crack around the door and windows (I know it is often like that)...I didn't come thrue a post that is talking about that yet...but what are you looking for? And is it really a big thing when the fiber is dammaged? You don't touch that kind of trailer or it doesn't matter?

Isabelle G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Hi Isabelle, I think the determination about exterior repairs has more to do with expectations, skill and money. If someone was okay with needing to repair (large) chunks of the fiberglass, they are also probably considering an exterior paint job. Not everyone wants to paint.

I hope this helps.

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:04 AM   #3
Yes I guess so...
Old 06-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
If you can make yourself understood, and you did, your English is fine.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
It depends a lot on how much work a person can do or will pay to have done. Some people want to change things a lot and will fix a lot so they buy trailer in bad condition for little money. Some people want trailer that they will not need to do any work on and can just buy and use. They pay more for trailer in better shape.

Fiber Glass walls and top can be fixed but to hide patch and make look good means whole thing must be painted.

Some cracks are just age, and do not matter, like wrinkles on person only skin deep.
Some cracks are from one time thing like rock from road hitting front or side. If it does not leak may not need to fix it.

Cracks where trailer sits on metal could mean whole trailer is falling down onto metal or metal is bending and hitting fiber. Not easy to fix and must be fixed. Or cracks where door hinge is you might have to fix so door does not fall off. Or cracks that let water leak in you have to fix so floor does not rot.

Your english is better than I am able to do in any other language so good job of getting your message understood.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:43 AM   #6
Thank you Roger dat for your response. I will look closely at the shell when want to buy...My husband can do anything, but in what time hum!!! That is a mystery

Thank you rgrugg