where do I buy an awning? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2014, 06:59 AM   #1

Name: BRIAN AND TERI
Trailer: BOLER
British Columbia
where do I buy an awning?

Where is the best place to get an awning for a boler?
We are looking for one with stripes and scallops.
I don't want to break the bank but something that is going t last a while would be prefferred.
Thanks.
BRIAN AND TERI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:09 AM   #2

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
If you want a rope & pole type you can get one made to whatever size by Marti's Awnings. We tried one from another supplier but didn't like it and then bought a bag awning.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:40 AM   #3

Name: Nate
Trailer: 1981 Casita 13. TV: 2011 Honda CR-V
Wisconsin
Registry
We got ours from Marti's as well. Good turnaround, reasonable cost for a quality product. Got the awning poles and rope tighteners through her as well, they do the job well.
Nate R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:37 AM   #4

Name: BRIAN AND TERI
Trailer: BOLER
British Columbia
Thanks for the tips.
Our next project is to paint the white of our 1973 Boler.
It has a green lower half as well as interior.
Does anyone have a paint code for the white for any marine enamel that would be available at Home Depot, Benjamine Moore, etc.?
For that matter........can you tint marine enamel???????
BRIAN AND TERI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:42 AM   #5

Name: Lyndsay
Trailer: 1975 Trillium 1300
Alberta
Registry
Vintage awnings by Kristi. I talked to her but didn't get one only because I didn't like the fabrics she has currently. Very reasonable prices though.

Lilly The Trilly - 1975 Trillium 1300
PrettylilTrilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:18 PM   #6

Name: Gage
Trailer: 13' Burro
California
Here's a pic of the awning that Marti made for us. Like has been said above. She does quality work at a reasonable price.
Her web site is at: Marti's Vintage Trailer Awnings

gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 11:33 AM   #7

Name: Ron
Trailer: Scamp 13
Florida
Connsidering a 6 ft awning for 13 scamp from shade maker. They only shop the rail in 2 sections are there any negatives to this or should we look for a couple. That sells and ships one piece,? Ron
Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 12:39 PM   #8

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
I bought my awning rail from Vintage Trailer Supply because they ship it in a piece of PVC pipe so it won't get damaged. Is there a RV place near you that you could buy it from. Note that any Shademaker bag awning under 8 foot in length on the rail is the cheaper model that has the twist lock poles. That is what we have on our Uhaul 13. It's OK, but not as good as the Supreme model. While you're ordering get the optional center rafter, a spring loaded pole that you insert after the awning is out. You'll have to ask other Scamp owners how far above the door to install the rail for door clearance. Wendy (Campytime) put one on her Scamp. We have had the problem of water getting in the bag when the awning is rolled in, Wendy has too, so I don't leave it on the trailer.

Edit; just saw this is a new post by Ron on an old thread. Gage who posted before Ron is no longer with us, as in passed away. We were fortunate to have met him.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 01:12 PM   #9

Name: Ron
Trailer: Scamp 13
Florida
Thanks s great info source
Stump is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning