Where is everyones water tank? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2006, 01:26 AM   #1

Trailer: Scamp
the nice guy i bought our 77 scamp from said on our 13'er that the water resivoir used to be under the passengerside dinette seat, but it was in bad shape so he got a new jug and put it under the stove area. i noticed on the outside of our scamp that on the far back passenger corner is a water fill area. of course it has been all caulked up. was wondering if i could move it back to its orginal spot so as to have more room under the stove area for a cooler. does scamp still put their water storage units under the dinette seat? thanks
JRiefle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:34 AM   #2

Trailer: 2005 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Send a message via Yahoo to Al V
Short answer Yes
Quote:
the nice guy i bought our 77 scamp from said on our 13'er that the water resivoir used to be under the passengerside dinette seat, but it was in bad shape so he got a new jug and put it under the stove area. i noticed on the outside of our scamp that on the far back passenger corner is a water fill area. of course it has been all caulked up. was wondering if i could move it back to its orginal spot so as to have more room under the stove area for a cooler. does scamp still put their water storage units under the dinette seat? thanks
Al V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:34 AM   #3

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
In our Trillium it is under the rear dinette passenger side seat. I would assume they did that to distribute some weight to that side of the trailer since all the appliances are on the other.
brendadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:47 AM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Yep, the one in my Scamp is on the same side as the sink. You can replace the fresh water fill with one pretty dang cheap, about $6...easier than cleaning it up:

Name:   1.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  5.0 KB
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:42 AM   #5

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp (Egg Salad Annie)
Registry
You can find the water tanks anywhere, or order all the parts from Scamp. My water tank is on the passenger side of the dinnette.
Taylor Kissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 08:18 AM   #6

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
On our Casita (17' Freedom DeLuxe) the water tank is located beneath the passenger side rear dinette seat also.
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:57 AM   #7

Registry
Scamp 13'

The fresh water tank is under the dinette seat, curb side.
Filler is one rear curb side corner.
Over flow and drain are at the front of the tank.
I haven't tried to find the routing to the sink. Guess I should do that.
Old 10-26-2006, 03:51 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Send a message via Yahoo to davefryg

Click image for larger version

Name:	economy_cruising_2.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	5348

These owners have the perfect answer
davefryg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 04:04 PM   #9

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp ('Dacha' Russian summer house) / 2006 Tacoma V6
When you do relocate the tank it would be good to add a drain cock that is reachable from the outside. The one in my Scamp was under the bed/seat and not easy to get to so I added one that goes through the lowest part of the trailer wall. Now I just open it and drive away so I don't have to carry excess water weight.
jim munson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:18 PM   #10

Registry
Quote:
When you do relocate the tank it would be good to add a drain cock that is reachable from the outside. The one in my Scamp was under the bed/seat and not easy to get to so I added one that goes through the lowest part of the trailer wall. Now I just open it and drive away so I don't have to carry excess water weight.
I don't find it any trouble to lift the cushion and get at the pit cock. Probably I don't drain the tank very often. The weight isn't that much compared to the 1500lb trailer weight and I'm not sure how the balance is effected. I also would prefer to fill my tank with water from my well, so I keep the tank full most of the time.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:50 PM   #11

Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft
I was unplesantly supprised at the cost of a simple little water tank to replace my old bad one. I found a replacement that worked for me and my Skimp as shown on the bottom of the page in the following link. It fits under the rear dinette bench but you have to remove the bench as it won't go through the little hatch. Screws hold the dinette bench in place before and after. Good price considering that it comes with a 12v pressure activated pump. It also has greater capacity than the original Scamp tank.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...c=19704&hl=
Thomas Haney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:07 AM   #12

[quote]Yep, the one in my Scamp is on the same side as the sink. You can replace the fresh water fill with one pretty dang cheap, about $6...easier than cleaning it up:

Attachment 5342

thanks for the replies. so were would i get the items ill need to move it back under the dinette, like this fresh water filler you have here? at an RV store or do i need to get the resivoir and hardware from Scamp? sorry, first camper.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:08 AM   #13

Quote:
You can find the water tanks anywhere, or order all the parts from Scamp. My water tank is on the passenger side of the dinnette.
oops sorry, you answered my question.
Old 10-27-2006, 05:53 AM   #14

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
A fresh water tank from Scamp is less than $50. The fresh water fill should be available at just about any RV supply store. For more info, from the Helpful-Links: Water Tanks - Fresh and Gray Water
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote