Where to find a replacement for Boler side window? - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-10-2014, 03:07 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
K.L. Hawker's Avatar
 
Name: Kimberley
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Posts: 17
Where to find a replacement for Boler side window?

We purchased a 1972 13' Boler last summer from Ontario (we live in Nova Scotia), and didn't know until we arrived there to pick it up that the side window had been replaced with a new sliding window (generic; not Scamp) because it leaked. I would've preferred that they left the old window and I would've had my dear husband try to repair. Anyway, we drove too far to turn back at that point. The window looks a bit out of place and I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get a replacement original Boler window? The windows for Scamp look bigger, so I imagine those are a lot of work to install. Anyone?
__________________

__________________
K.L. Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
David B.'s Avatar
 
Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Posts: 1,724
Registry
Have you looked here?
vintagetrailersupply.com
Perhaps if you call them, they might be able to direct you to another place if they don't have what you are looking for.
Dave & Paula
__________________

__________________
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:53 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Rick Mooyman's Avatar
 
Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Posts: 962
Registry
I have a original 1971 Boler window for sale for $50. plus shipping if your interested

Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.L. Hawker View Post
We purchased a 1972 13' Boler last summer from Ontario (we live in Nova Scotia), and didn't know until we arrived there to pick it up that the side window had been replaced with a new sliding window (generic; not Scamp) because it leaked. I would've preferred that they left the old window and I would've had my dear husband try to repair. Anyway, we drove too far to turn back at that point. The window looks a bit out of place and I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get a replacement original Boler window? The windows for Scamp look bigger, so I imagine those are a lot of work to install. Anyone?
__________________
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:01 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Bob Miller's Avatar
 
Name: Bob
Trailer: 1973 Hunter Compact II
California
Posts: 7,912
Ya but... if the replacement window is bigger, you may have a real task cutting that hole to make it smaller!
__________________
Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
K.L. Hawker's Avatar
 
Name: Kimberley
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Posts: 17
Thank you, Rick. I'm a bit nervous having an old window shipped across Canada, especially if I don't know if it will fit for sure. I'll do some looking into it... Thank you.
__________________
K.L. Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:43 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Rick Mooyman's Avatar
 
Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Posts: 962
Registry
No problem looks like a guy in the USA wants it, so will deal with him on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.L. Hawker View Post
Thank you, Rick. I'm a bit nervous having an old window shipped across Canada, especially if I don't know if it will fit for sure. I'll do some looking into it... Thank you.
__________________
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:41 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
What's wrong with taking measurements and asking for measurements? Gosh, these windows are hard to come by.
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:24 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
K.L. Hawker's Avatar
 
Name: Kimberley
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
No problem looks like a guy in the USA wants it, so will deal with him on it.
Did the guy in the US buy it, Rick? If not, could I trouble you for the dimensions? Just to make sure it will fit. Thank you.
__________________
K.L. Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
David Tilston's Avatar
 
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1977, 1978 (2), 1300 - 1977, 1973, and a 1972
Alberta
Posts: 5,317
Registry
From the Alberta kijiji
Boler windows: new tinted sliders | parts, accessories | Calgary | Kijiji
__________________
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:31 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Rick Mooyman's Avatar
 
Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Posts: 962
Registry
No he backed out. It is a rough opening size of 25 1/2" x 18"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.L. Hawker View Post
Did the guy in the US buy it, Rick? If not, could I trouble you for the dimensions? Just to make sure it will fit. Thank you.
__________________
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
K.L. Hawker's Avatar
 
Name: Kimberley
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Mooyman View Post
No he backed out. It is a rough opening size of 25 1/2" x 18"
Okay, thanks for the measurements. I'll check tomorrow in daylight. Do you have some pictures you could post here? Or send to me in a message? Also, any idea what it would cost to ship to Nova Scotia?
__________________
K.L. Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:21 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Rick Mooyman's Avatar
 
Name: Rick
Trailer: 1971 Boler 13' / 2013 Ford Escape
Manitoba
Posts: 962
Registry
Attached are 2 pics, for shipping estimate I would need a shipping address for Purolator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.L. Hawker View Post
Okay, thanks for the measurements. I'll check tomorrow in daylight. Do you have some pictures you could post here? Or send to me in a message? Also, any idea what it would cost to ship to Nova Scotia?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1998.jpg   IMG_1999.jpg  

__________________

__________________
Rick Mooyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boler


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Where to find replacement trim around storage under seats joekitsch Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 8 10-20-2011 08:49 AM
Window Gasket, Window Seal, Window Molding D Shubel Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 9 05-16-2011 05:30 PM
Where can I FIND or have MADE a window for my... bbuehler Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 3 11-07-2008 12:33 PM
Old side window & door window needed sherry loving o Classified Archives 0 06-12-2008 04:15 PM
Find replacement Scamp door latch/lock Faith Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 2 11-02-2006 06:45 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.