Where to mount a bracket to a flat TV screen - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #1

Name: Cyndi
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 5th Wheel/2019 Toyota Tundra
Iowa
Registry
Where to mount a bracket to a flat TV screen

We are wintering in our "sticky" in Dickinson, ND. Just recently bought a TV but need to mount it it to the wall or under a cabinet to avoid TV falling. My husband was wondering where on the back of an Emerson do you place the bracket. He has the rest figured out.

P.S. The Scamp is safe at home in Iowa.
Cyndi B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:55 PM   #2

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
I had purchased a 19" lcd that must weigh in at all of three pounds+. I just hung two little hooks from the rear upper cabinet over the sink and used some picture hanging wire to hang the tv on the hooks. I put the tv away for travelling and aside from the two little hooks you would never know a tv could be hung there. The hooks can also double as a cloth hanger when the tv is away.
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #3

Name: Don
Trailer: 17.5 Bigfoot
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi B. View Post
We are wintering in our "sticky" in Dickinson, ND. Just recently bought a TV but need to mount it it to the wall or under a cabinet to avoid TV falling. My husband was wondering where on the back of an Emerson do you place the bracket. He has the rest figured out.

There should be 4 threaded holes on the back of the TV. The Standard spacing is something called a Vesa pattern in a 75 or 100 confiquration. All newer TV's I've looked at have had this Vesa mounting system. I'm using this under cabinet TV mount and you can see the two different sets of holes in the mounting bracket.
PDR Under-Cabinet Mount with Quick Bayonet Release for TVs up to 20 Inches UCMM50
Don Dunsmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #4

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
You are correct about the four holes in the rear of the lcd tv.. I just purchased two screws from home depot to go in the upper two holes and tied the picture mounting wire (rated 25lbs) to them. I think my mod cost $5 tops. The tv ran $120 from best buy. It gets the tv right up against the back wall. I also tiled the back splash and didnt want to drill into it after.
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:27 AM   #5

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Not all tbs have the mounting holes although most do.
For some reason Emerson are one of the oddballs sometimes?

If there are no mounting holes with threaded inserts for a bolt the tv is also likely a little older and heavier than the newer ones which weigh almost nothing.

You could make a frame that holds the tv from the edges but it may be easier to buy a different tv really and they start at about 100 bucks now.

Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #6

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndi B.

Hi Cindy - noticed you mentioned IOWA. We are in SC but transplants from corn country, Storm Lake. Are you anywhere close?
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:57 AM   #7

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
We have an Emerson as well, there is part of the back that bumps out and there should be four holes on the outside of that bump out. I have a mount ordered but haven't found out if it will work yet or not. Going to hang it in the rear left corner where Ed had his. Hopefully the holes will line up. Ed gave me a link to the one he had in there but it was discontinured so had to order something different. Good luck fellow iowan.
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote