Window Coverings - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2018, 04:49 PM   #1

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Window Coverings

I a thinking of doing Roman Shades instead of regular curtains in my 76 boler. Mainly because I have a piece of fabric I love and there is not enough to do the traditional curtains. One issue I see would be how to fit them due to the curve. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #2

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Hi Nancy,
The "Gleeful Glamper" here! I LOVE making a variety of window coverings and decor to go with many of our trips. I've made decor themes that include the desert, wine country, the alps, the Southwest, and more. Most times I go with traditional "cafe curtains" but my last effort included a flat hanging panel (much like Roman shades) that I just roll up and tie when I want to. I love the fabric so much that I usually keep the panels hanging over the windows. On the outer sides of the rod and rod holder I put up traditional panels done in the style of "cafe curtains".

I'm sorry I cannot find my photos of the panels but you can use your imagination. (My trailer is stored 1 hour from my home so it's not easy to go there to take a photo.) Here is a photo of one of my other window treatments. In it you can see the side curtain panels. In the center, where you see the light curtains, I hang a panel. At the top of the panel in the two corners I sew some ribbon lengths that are used to tie up the rolled up curtain panel. I see no reason to fiddle with the usual ropes and rings used for traditional "Roman Shades" in such a small space.

To see more of my decor postings just go to the "Search" button above, go to the bottom of the drop-down menu where it says "Google Search" and enter "Gilda decor", "Gilda window coverings" or Gilda curtains. Private message me or we can interact on the forum, whichever you prefer.

Please post a photo of your interior "curve" so I can see what you are dealing with.
Attached Thumbnails
Doug's art and Scamp 032.jpg  
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 08:58 PM   #3

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
#14 in this posting http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...nel-53893.html shows how I make a "window shade" that blocks out light and insulates. Basically the shade is sewn with a casing on top through which a rod is inserted and extends over both sides on top of the curtain rod holders. I hand roll it and voila, it's out of the way! BTW, I attached the hook side of Velcro on the bottom edge and it attaches to the "rat fur" when rolled down. (When I made a decorative center panel I hung it from the curtain rod.) 'Hope this helps.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:23 AM   #4

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy F View Post
I a thinking of doing Roman Shades instead of regular curtains in my 76 boler. Mainly because I have a piece of fabric I love and there is not enough to do the traditional curtains. One issue I see would be how to fit them due to the curve. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
While you can't get them to exactly follow the curve you can get them to stay fairly close to the wall. The way you do that is to have a cord attached to the wall on each side of the window at the top and the bottom. That cord is threaded through a plastic ring that is sewn onto the folded edge of the pleat. That way the shade is never more that a very small distance away from the wall.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 09:15 AM   #5

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
While you can't get them to exactly follow the curve you can get them to stay fairly close to the wall. The way you do that is to have a cord attached to the wall on each side of the window at the top and the bottom. That cord is threaded through a plastic ring that is sewn onto the folded edge of the pleat. That way the shade is never more that a very small distance away from the wall.

Thanks for the tip, was thinking of something like this half way down the side as well.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote