Window maxx - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2011, 01:41 PM   #1

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Window maxx

I see that some of you have them. Are there several sizes or are they one size fits all? What if you have windows with different heights? Are they satisfactory? How are they installed? I'd look at them at Camping World but it's a 100 mile round trip. Thanks all.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:08 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
we picked up ours from camping world and really like it. the ability to keep a window open while it is raining was our reason for buying---the old jalousie windows cannot be beat for that, but we don't have them. it was a bit time consuming to do the measuring, and then the cutting to fit, especially since we were not at home, but in a campground using tools borrowed from the manager!!! however, it has made a huge difference for us and we are really pleased with it.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:15 PM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrugg View Post
I see that some of you have them. Are there several sizes or are they one size fits all? What if you have windows with different heights? Are they satisfactory? How are they installed? I'd look at them at Camping World but it's a 100 mile round trip. Thanks all.
We have them and they work very well as well as looking great.
They come long enough to do probably two windows but you only get two ends. you simply cut them to length and and attach them with the screws provided.
We use them in conjunction with a roof vent cover to allow full ventilation in even a pouring rain.
here are a couple of pictures, the first one is of my 13 Scamp.... click on it for a better view
Attached Thumbnails
Oregon trip 007.jpg  
Attached Images

floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:59 PM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Bob,
I installed one on the Egg Camper and it leaked water around the screws, so I removed it and sealed the holes. It comes in one length and you cut it to size. I have 2 made up for the Egg windows and an unopened new one. I may reinstall again once I figure out how to stop the leaks.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 07:33 PM   #5

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
My husband and his friend installed two this year, on opposite sides of the trailer. The cross-ventilation is really nice, no leaks, even in some really hard downpours, and we've had quite a few this year.
Very nice customer service, too, from the factory, when we had questions. Good product.
Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #6

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
I am curious on the cause of Jim's leak. I installed two on my previous "Casita with no problems and have seen them on other Casitas, Scamps, and Escapes.
Larry Gamble of Little House Customs carries pre-cut kits of them for all Ca
sitas. He sells and/or installs the kits, but it's really quite simple.
I'm about to order two for the Bigfoot I just bought and came across this thread while looking for good source.

Walt
WaltP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #7

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
I installed them on my Scamp as well and had no leaks. I used the spacers though so the screws do not go to far into the window frame.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #8

Name: Tom
Trailer: none
Minnesota
Registry
MY Scamp had one when bought, no leaks, took them off when doing deep cleaning, re-installed in same screw holes, leaks....wrapped screw in butyl tape, no leaks. Bought another one for another window, be sure to measure twice, cut once (how would I know that!). Excellent choice for slider window IMO
Hambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #9

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
LOL Tom I also know the reason for measuring twice on the windowmax install! Good news is they have amazing customer service and sent me a replacement part free of charge and it arrived within a couple of days.

I like you used a tiny dab of Butyl tap under the screw which may account for no leak problems. I use butyl any time I put a hole into the trailer.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:59 PM   #10

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
In retrospect, my inability to install any kind of sealant around the screw where it entered the frame I think was the reason, I sealed the exterior screw head but was unable to seal the frame hole itself. For that reason I took it off my Eggcamper.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:23 PM   #11

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I've had my two on since 2001 and have had no leaks. I didn't use any sealant on the screws.
Attached Thumbnails
109_7801.JPG  
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote