Window Treatment - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2013, 09:58 PM   #1

Name: Cissy
Trailer: '86 Scamp 16'
Alabama
Window Treatment

In discovering this window treatment, which my husband fabricated, we feel it gives the Scamp a bigger feeling. As wiith conventional curtains when they hang straight down the bottom hangs 4-5 inches off the window, letting in sunlight, and making the overall feel of the camper smaller. This new treatment is inexpensive ($50.00) for three windows, which was the fabric and snaps. It required no alterations to the structure of the Scamp since the snaps are positioned in the existing window screw locations. He did have to grind down the size of the screw heads to enable them to fit the male portion of the snap to the window. He covered the three windows on the back end where the dinette is, which we keep as a full time bed.
Attached Thumbnails
securedownload-1.jpg   securedownload.jpg  

securedownload-2.jpg  
Cissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Looks good Cissy. Glad you found a solution that works for you and THANKS for sharing it!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #3

Name: Josh
Trailer: Boler 1300
Washington
A lot of good ideas today, thanks for sharing. I think I will be stealing this one as well...
PNW_Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #4

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
I can't figure out what this is?
I like the way it looks but please tell us what it is?

Thanks
Ed
Ed Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #5

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I did a similar mod but used velcro with the screws through it. However I only used 2 at the top and 2 at the bottom. I did mine to keep the heat out and still have my curtains which are needed at night time.

I like the idea of snaps all the way around. I'll see if I can stretch mine to reach all the frame screws, if not I'll have to re-fabricate.

Great job folks .
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #6

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
It is a a nice look. I assume you'll unsnap all but the top snaps when you open the windo to let a breeze in. I can see multiple variations of this idea. Perhaps black-outs or insulated fabric with curtains over front like Joy did. Great idea!
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:38 PM   #7

Alabama
We could unsnap it from the top, on just the screen side of the window, from the bottom, or remove the whole thing. They are so versatile and we like the way they are form fitted to the window.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:53 PM   #8

Alabama
Thanks,I enjoy this sight,Ray
Old 05-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #9

Alabama
Ed, this is a piece of canvas material that I put snaps through to attach it to the window in place of a curtain. This can be made in any color or fabric to fit your decor. The male part of the snaps are secured directly to the frame and the female part of the snaps are secured to the material via a snap kit. They can be purchased at any fabric shop. A little sewing is required to make it to the shape of the window, as I put a 1" hem around the edge of the material. This doubles the material where the snaps are attached. I turned the hem towards the window and it can't be seen from outside. Hope this answers your questions. Ray
Old 05-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #10

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
So that's canvas you used. I thought it looked like what I used which some of that screening/netting which Nurseries use for shade.

I can open the windows with my covering installed and a breeze will come in because it's not solid. Mine does the trick to help keep the heat out. And because it is screening/netting I still need curtains because the covering is see through at night.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 05:58 PM   #11

Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy A View Post
So that's canvas you used. I thought it looked like what I used which some of that screening/netting which Nurseries use for shade.

I can open the windows with my covering installed and a breeze will come in because it's not solid. Mine does the trick to help keep the heat out. And because it is screening/netting I still need curtains because the covering is see through at night.
Joy, it is a lightweight canvas. We haven 't camped in it yet with these window coverings so we aren't sure how they are going to be at night. Thought if you could see in them we would spray them with fabric paint to make them darker. I'll post the results.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #12

Alabama
These have proved to work great and alow air flow and privacy,now camping in north Georgia,Tenn,..........camp on!