Windows bug screen - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2019, 11:41 AM   #1

Name: Jorge
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
Windows bug screen

The door of my Boler has one of those old windows with 4 glass "blinds", the aluminum frame has inside a groove that I'd like to use to install a mosquito mesh or similar, maybe with that tension section that stove exhaust fan mesh has. My other windows are new and have a mesh already.

Has anyone already installed something similar, and what you use?

Click image for larger version

Name:	110952.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	129974

Name:	111012.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	245.8 KB
ID:	129975

Name:	111221.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	204.4 KB
ID:	129976

Name:	111322.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	215.4 KB
ID:	129977
Darlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:43 AM   #2

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Thats called a jalousie window and typically they came with screens. Suggest you contact a local screen/window company and get one made. Or if you are handy, you can buy the pieces and make your own.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:29 PM   #3

Alberta
Thanks Bill,

I'll try to see if here in Edmonton, there is a store that could carry them and its parts, but a quick search wasn't very promising.

I'll ask in HD or Lowes if they have something that could be of use, it's one of the things I could do in the Boler that will be fairly easy.
thanks
Old 06-23-2019, 08:17 AM   #4

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
I'd start with these guys.

Realize a screen doesn't know its on a Trillium or a residential home. Back in the day when we bought a new house, screen companies would canvas the entire subdivision, offering to make screens for every window, at a reasonable price. Buying the supplies and doing it yourself is tedious work. I've done it on repairs, replaced the screen material that was torn on a couple of windows.

No experience with this company, they seem to have great reviews. Myself, generally when deciding which company to do a job, I want one that specializes. So a screen company tops a window company. Someone who builds screens every day will have the tools and supplies to knock out whatever I need in an efficient fashion.

Its not about someone carrying a screen already made, its about taking a few measurements and making the screens for you. Let THEM take the measurements!

Edmonton Retractable Screens - Screen Savers Plus of Edmonton
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 09:25 AM   #5

Name: Elly
Trailer: (Former) Casita 17 SD
Florida
Fine mesh

I replaced all the screens in my Casita with a fine mesh screen. Called no-see-um or gnat screens. If you're going to the trouble of switching or upgrading your screens, the fine mesh is only pennies more. Available at all hardware and box stores.
Elly G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 10:23 AM   #6

Name: james
Trailer: In the market
WI
some polyester bug screen and a roll of duct tape will fix that right up - LOL.
jim60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:38 PM   #7

Alberta
thanks all,

Bill, it make sense to look for a screen place instead of windows store, I've been wanting to add a screen to the front door, probably I give them a call

Tags
windows