Winter cover - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2019, 02:57 PM   #1

Name: Darlene Camps
Trailer: 1976 trillium
Ontario
Winter cover

Hi I’m looking to buy a waterproof cover for my 1300 trillium 1976. It’s 13 feet long and l am replacing a couple of windows so require it to protect the trailer while they are out, aswell as during our Ontario winters so the snow will slide off with a little help from my broom😀.
A zippered door would be great.
Looking for any recommendations.
Thanks
Darlene Camps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:44 PM   #2

Name: John
Trailer: 1979 Boler 1700
Michigan
Registry
We live in southeastern Michigan. We purchased a Boler 17 almost three years ago and immediately purchased a cover for it as we knew it had leaks. We've been systematically fixing the leaks along with other issues, and soon will start camping (and evaluating).

Anyway we bought the Boler 1700 version of the elitemotoronline ShieldAll™ Travel Trailer Camper Cover W/Zipper Door Access on ebay. They also sell a version that fits the Trillium 13 under this name: ShieldAll™ Trillium RV 1300 Travel Trailer Camper Cover W/Zipper Door Access.

We have used this cover almost three years, 365 days per year. It has survived 3 winters, and we are going to push it one more. At this point it has a number of rips, and we've been repairing with clear gorilla tape after cleaning the area with alcohol, applying the tape using a flat, firm backup surface, then burnishing the patch with a plastic putty knife. We have caused most of the rips while putting it on and taking it off. I would say that it works fairly well, i.e., the zippers still work, the door access curtain is effective, the three adjustable undercarriage straps work well. Also the upper portion and top of the cover has a soft lining thus protecting the exterior finish of the camper. Also, the cover is designed to fit fairly well with elastic along the bottom edge front and rear, together with the adjustable undercarriage straps.

I would say that considering the relatively low price, the cover has performed well. However, if you spend two, three or four times as much, you well get a much sturdier cover that will last much longer...
John in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 03:47 PM   #3

Michigan
Registry
While you the windows out, I would recommend duct taping plastic over the window openings to protect the cover from the rough fiberglass openings.
Old 08-13-2019, 04:06 PM   #4

Michigan
Registry
Just discussed with DW. She pointed out that we pulled out and re-sealed all of the Boler 17 windows one at a time. Didn't tape plastic over the window openings. Also we generally don't brush the snow off because the Boler 17 is not on our property. Its an hour away. We have many (often daily) freeze/thaw cycles, so by the time we get to the camper, the roof is covered with a crusty ice/snow mix. Trying to remove this might rip the cover. So instead we install ample roof bracing during winter.
Old 08-13-2019, 05:31 PM   #5

Ontario
Thanks John for such an informative response, I really appreciate it!! I will look into those covers right now.
My first time on here, thanks for the warm welcome.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:20 PM   #6

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Any chance you could post the model # of the shieldall cover
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 06:22 PM   #7

Ontario
Great tip!!
Old 08-13-2019, 06:25 PM   #8

Ontario
ShieldAll™ Boler 1400 Travel Trailer Camper Cover w/ Zipper Door Access
Approx.
C $238.18 + C $113.83 Shipping
US $179.95
Was C $264.65 Save 10%
Est. Delivery Thu, 22 Aug - Tue, 10 Sep eBay.ca if u r in us ebay.com
Old 08-13-2019, 06:48 PM   #9

Michigan
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan H View Post
Any chance you could post the model # of the shieldall cover
Alan, on ebay US the ShieldAll manufacturer part number is TLCPC10ASE for the ShieldAll™ Trillium RV 1300 Travel Trailer Camper Cover W/Zipper Door Access. The price is $170.95 and free shipping. ShieldAll covers also appear on ebay for the Trillium 4500, Boler 1700 and Boler 13, as well as Little Joe, Scamp, Casita, Bigfoot, Uhaul, and Burro.

Part number for the Little Joe 10' is LJCPC10ASE. Because the cover I have is has elastic on the bottom front and back as well as adjustable undercarriage straps, I wouldn't be surprised if covers sold for similar sized campers are actually identical.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:07 PM   #10

Michigan
Registry
I would emphasize that the ShieldAll cover is made of a lightweight fabric, definitely not a sturdy canvas. We expected it to last 2-3 years. Now almost 3 years. Appears it may get us through 4 winters. We have the Boler 1700 stored just east of a large pine tree, and that actually protects the cover from prevailing northwest winds.