Work In Progress - '75 Boler 13 - Page 10 - Fiberglass RV

Old 08-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #127

Trailer: Trillium 4500 1978
Fawcet looks nice...it is now on my "to do" list....we have the low profile white plastic type there now, and it sucks for filling pots etc! thanks for posting the pics!

Old 08-06-2011, 08:31 PM   #128

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
lookin good, love both faucets .

Old 08-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #129

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300
Alberta
Registry
Thanks

Thanks Donna, Joy, James, Kevin and Tim. I appreciate the comments. As for the stolen idea, feel free to steal away. The table looks great.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #130

Alberta
Registry
Water Tank Frame Mod

As I mentioned earlier I had a problem turning in the water tank fittings and attaching tubing with the frame I built. I recently pulled it out and changed it a bit so that the plumbing could be done properly. I removed the 2x6 end piece and replaced it with much thinner plywood braced by some trim material left over from my vent frame. I also cut a bevel on each end of the side 2x6's for more clearance. You pretty much have to apply sealant to the elbows and tap to seal them because they never end up in the correct position when tightening.
I did notice that the water tastes awful and I can't drink it. It tastes like plastic of course. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of that quickly? It is supposed to be a potable water tank but anything that tastes that bad cannot be good for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Water Tank Mod-1.jpg   Water Tank Mod-2.JPG  

Water Tank Mod-3.jpg  
Old 08-07-2011, 09:29 PM   #131

Alberta
Registry
Door Chain

I purchased an inexpensive strom door chain and installed it the other day. I also picked up a length of clear plastic tubing (3/4 ID) to prevent scratching the door paint. Here it is.
An update on the roof vent installation. It has been thoroughly leak tested recently as we have experienced several severe thunderstorms in the past week. I am happy to report that I have detected no leaks at all from the vent, windows, door or any of the plumbing fixtures in the trailer wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Door Chain-1.jpg   Door Chain-2.jpg  

Old 08-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #132

Trailer: 2009 Scamp 16 ft / 2003 Durango
Randy,
In looking at your picture's I noticed the small line has a curve in it that will result in trapping water. If that is your vent line it will become blocked with water if you drive with a full tank.

Bill K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy D. View Post
As I mentioned earlier I had a problem turning in the water tank fittings and attaching tubing with the frame I built. I recently pulled it out and changed it a bit so that the plumbing could be done properly. I removed the 2x6 end piece and replaced it with much thinner plywood braced by some trim material left over from my vent frame. I also cut a bevel on each end of the side 2x6's for more clearance. You pretty much have to apply sealant to the elbows and tap to seal them because they never end up in the correct position when tightening.
I did notice that the water tastes awful and I can't drink it. It tastes like plastic of course. Does anyone know of a way to get rid of that quickly? It is supposed to be a potable water tank but anything that tastes that bad cannot be good for you.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #133

Name: Laurie
Trailer: 13 Trillium
Alberta
Registry
Handy Randy!

Don't sell yourself short - a craftsman you are! Wow! Quite the transformation. Looks like you are almost done, you will soon need another project.........I just bought a 1978 Trillium 1300 hmmmmmm.....and I live a short drive from you......hmmmmmm. Just kidding! I really do live quite close - in St. Albert, north side of Edmonton. As I have posted previously I am terrified of taking things off, no inside space to do it, no real "craftsman" skills. Do you have any more pictures specifically the steps of removing/resealing/replacing the windows. I know yours is a boler but from what I have read it is a similar process? And I must thank you for allowing me to win the conversation with my husband about that little thing on the door. It is for a chain. I will be getting one today and stealing your idea with the tubing. Thanks again, it has been fun to watch.
Quote:
I purchased an inexpensive storm door chain and installed it the other day. I also picked up a length of clear plastic tubing (3/4 ID) to prevent scratching the door paint. Here it is.
An update on the roof vent installation. It has been thoroughly leak tested recently as we have experienced several severe thunderstorms in the past week. I am happy to report that I have detected no leaks at all from the vent, windows, door or any of the plumbing fixtures in the trailer wall.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:41 PM   #134

Name: Brian
Trailer: 72 Boler 13'
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy D.
I purchased an inexpensive strom door chain and installed it the other day. I also picked up a length of clear plastic tubing (3/4 ID) to prevent scratching the door paint. Here it is.
Hi Randy

Love the Boler! I am stealing your door chain idea

Just noticed your door seal. What size is the foam on the door?

Brian.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:49 PM   #135

Alberta
Registry
Excellent point. It is the vent line and there was water in it. I re-routed it above the fill hose so that it does not dip below the fitting. Thanks for pointing that out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill K View Post
Randy,
In looking at your picture's I noticed the small line has a curve in it that will result in trapping water. If that is your vent line it will become blocked with water if you drive with a full tank.

Bill K
Old 08-10-2011, 07:14 PM   #136

Alberta
Registry
Thank you very much. I have been trying to think of anything I am missing and the only things that come to mind are shore power and an awning. I spend most of my camping time fishing the foothills so I don't have much need for AC power. However, for the sake of completing the restoration I will probably add it at some point. The awning is a definite as soon as I have the time to get one made.
As for the windows question, are you referring to the front and back windows with the new rubber? If so, I will look through my photos. I did them twice because the I initially thought the rubber seals were good and found a tear in one of them so I replaced them with new from Scamp. I had my hands full doing it by myself and may not have taken many pictures.
As for the door chain, I had to fix one at work that had pulled off in a strong wind and it had plastic tubing over it. I stole the idea too.
It makes a huge difference having a proper place to work on this type of project and I waited a year because of that. It would be well worth it to rent a garage from someone to get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhanna View Post
Don't sell yourself short - a craftsman you are! Wow! Quite the transformation. Looks like you are almost done, you will soon need another project.........I just bought a 1978 Trillium 1300 hmmmmmm.....and I live a short drive from you......hmmmmmm. Just kidding! I really do live quite close - in St. Albert, north side of Edmonton. As I have posted previously I am terrified of taking things off, no inside space to do it, no real "craftsman" skills. Do you have any more pictures specifically the steps of removing/resealing/replacing the windows. I know yours is a boler but from what I have read it is a similar process? And I must thank you for allowing me to win the conversation with my husband about that little thing on the door. It is for a chain. I will be getting one today and stealing your idea with the tubing. Thanks again, it has been fun to watch.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:24 PM   #137

Alberta
Registry
Thank you as well. As mentioned above I found the chain idea on a door at work so it was not original. The door foam is from Scamp. The portion from the bottom all the way back to the bottom is 1/2 by 3/4. The bottom portion is 3/4 x 3/4. They have a kit with the correct lengths. I believe that the 1/2 x 3/4 is a half inch deep by 3/4 wide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian E Moon View Post
Hi Randy

Love the Boler! I am stealing your door chain idea

Just noticed your door seal. What size is the foam on the door?

Brian.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:41 PM   #138

Name: Brian
Trailer: 72 Boler 13'
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy D.
Thank you as well. As mentioned above I found the chain idea on a door at work so it was not original. The door foam is from Scamp. The portion from the bottom all the way back to the bottom is 1/2 by 3/4. The bottom portion is 3/4 x 3/4. They have a kit with the correct lengths. I believe that the 1/2 x 3/4 is a half inch deep by 3/4 wide.
Thanks Randy!
Old 08-10-2011, 07:58 PM   #139

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
... double post ACCCCK!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:00 PM   #140

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
this is a common item on the ole home screen doors. It's good to see you recognize wind could catch the door and spring it out of shape or damage it if it hit the belly band. IMHO a better solution than the big ole blob of plastic Casita owners put on the door to prevent a hole in the door

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, restorations