Work In Progress - '75 Boler 13 - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 02-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #57

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300
Alberta
Registry
Cupboard Doors

Thanks for the colour suggestions everyone. I took one of the small cushions into the paint shop and ended up matching the light blue in a high gloss enamel. Talk about bright. I did three coats on the doors as well as the panel in the ice box and table. I hung the doors today but still have to find suitable latches of some kind. The hinges are self closing and work well but will not handle travel. I have two more to hang to cover the old speaker holes in the benches.
Attached Thumbnails
Upper Doors On-1.JPG   Drawer On.JPG  

Lower Doors On-1.JPG   Closet Door On-2.JPG  

Old 02-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #58

Alberta
Registry
Table

The same person who did the cushions and curtains suggested a Boler logo for the table. I took the logo pdf available on this site and printed it. I scanned the printout to a jpeg file and then cropped and re-sized it so that I could print it in the size I needed. The printout was used to create a hand cut stencil made of masking tape and then it was painted on the table top. I am going to spray it with a can of clearcoat to protect the acrylic paint she used. I polished the original aluminum band and drilled a bit of a taper into the 19 screw holes using a fairly large bit so that the new screws would lie flush with the edge. I also cleaned up the hardware and installed it. Here it is.
Attached Thumbnails
Table In-1.JPG   Table Logo-1.JPG  

Old 02-17-2011, 01:30 PM   #59

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
The whole package looks great, if my 72 turns out even half that nice I will be happy.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #60

Alberta
Registry
Thanks Greg. It is coming along. I am about ready to hang the door and as soon as I solve my problem with the roof vent hole it will be ready to use. Still lots of finishing touches to do but they can be dealt with over time.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #61

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Sweet! Love the color. When you get a chance, please post a distance shot showing the upholstery and the matching color doors. I'd really like to see it!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #62

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy D. View Post
Thanks Greg. It is coming along. I am about ready to hang the door and as soon as I solve my problem with the roof vent hole it will be ready to use. Still lots of finishing touches to do but they can be dealt with over time.
Are you getting rid of that little vent and adding a big vent there or did you just add a big vent too?
Old 02-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #63

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Sweet! Love the color. When you get a chance, please post a distance shot showing the upholstery and the matching color doors. I'd really like to see it!
Thanks. So far I have found it really difficult to get any distance for a shot. The more stuff I put in the less room there is. When the side windows were out it made it easy but now it is tough. I will get one when the front bench is in and I can take it from the back.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #64

Oregon
Quote:
I will get one when the front bench is in and I can take it from the back.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #65

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
Are you getting rid of that little vent and adding a big vent there or did you just add a big vent too?
I have been getting information from Vintage RV regarding the total cost of a Fantastic Vent. Shipping, duty and brokerage fees to Canada pretty much double the cost. I had decided to go ahead but today I learned that my tow (only) vehicle needs a $1500 repair. So I decided to put the old vent back in with a double layer of butyl tape to seal the lid until I can afford to get the big one. I prepared it all but when I got up there I realized that the vent had never been on my trailer. None of the holes match up and I am not going to drill a bunch of new ones. I don't know where this one came from but I did buy the trailer completely gutted with all the parts inside. Up to now everything has been original and matched up just fine.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #66

Alberta
Registry
Water Tank

I pulled the old broken water tank and box last night and decided I didn't like the design of the box much. Today I built a new one with a frame that matches the dimensions of the tank. I ripped a 2X6 to get the sides the correct height so that the tank is not so exposed. That added a bit of weight but not as much as I saved by replacing the table and cupboard doors with plywood. The old tank was brittle and broke when I was crawling around on the glass floor doing wiring. The new frame will prevent that stress to some extent although there is no longer room for anyone to put any pressure on that part of the floor now that the table is in.
I have read that the tank from Polyrama Plastics is a direct replacement. Can someone confirm that the Polyrama tank has the offset corner like mine? It is absolutely required for fill hose clearance due to the axle mount in that area.
Attached Thumbnails
Water Tank-2.JPG   Water Tank-4.JPG  

Water Tank In Old Box.JPG   Water Tank In New Box.JPG  

Old 02-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #67

Oregon
Quote:
I have read that the tank from Polyrama Plastics is a direct replacement. Can someone confirm that the Polyrama tank has the offset corner like mine? It is absolutely required for fill hose clearance due to the axle mount in that area.
Maybe contact them? Polyrama Plastics - Contact Us

According the the Helpful-Links, you're looking for replacement "Boler uses the 8.25 gal, part #ERT 8.25 39 x 16 x 4" ??
Old 02-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #68

Alberta
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Maybe contact them? Polyrama Plastics - Contact Us

According the the Helpful-Links, you're looking for replacement "Boler uses the 8.25 gal, part #ERT 8.25 39 x 16 x 4" ??
Good point. I just sent them a picture. Thank you, I can usually think straight but I have lapses from time to time.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:47 AM   #69

Oregon
Quote:
Good point. I just sent them a picture. Thank you, I can usually think straight but I have lapses from time to time.
That's was GREAT about belonging to a community such as FiberglassRV. The collective minds of hundreds! Trust me, I've needed that help too.

PLEASE let us know what you find out. It may save someone else time or grief in making a possible mistake.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #70

Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
Ontario
Your table redo is giving me ideas. The old table has been sitting in storage in the garage ever since we made up a permanent bed. I dug it out today and, with some new edging and a paint job, I think that it will replace the smaller side table that fits on the outside table rail.

Tags
boler, restorations