Work In Progress - '75 Boler 13 - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-04-2011, 02:35 PM   #99

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Johans View Post
Ah, the infamous Bargman L 400! Does anyone have experience With the 300, or others of the same ilk?
Robert, I think the Bargman L-300 is square, where the L-400 is retangular. Someone would need to verify that. All I know, is if I had a Boler and was going to paint and didn't mind a fiberglass repair ... changing the door lockset to something other than the ellusive L-400 would be at the top of the list!

Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:50 AM   #100

Name: Maggie
Trailer: 1978 Boler 13'
Ontario
Your project is one of the reasons I bought my first Boler...I love what you've done with it, very inspirational

Old 06-07-2011, 12:23 AM   #101

Name: Randy
Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300
Alberta
Registry
Back At It

I have come out of my financial woes and just placed an order for a fantastic fan, some window gaskets and led bulbs for interior lighting. I am also ready to get a new coupler welded on and the wheel bearings replaced. Must get this thing on the road although there has been little sign of summer in these parts.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #102

Alberta
Registry
The Boler Came Home Today

I have recieved my Fantasic Fan, water tank and cabinet hardware and after getting the cupboard doors secured I brought the boler home. Here it is in front of my house. After the fan installation it will not likely fit into any typical garage again.
Attached Thumbnails
Boler Home 1.JPG   Boler Home 2.JPG  

Boler Home 3.JPG   Boler Home 4.JPG  

Old 06-26-2011, 08:27 PM   #103

Alberta
Registry
Cabinet Latches

I struggled with this for a while and finally decided to get what is available. These are not pretty and it seems none are made with a chrome finish but they do work and you can't go far without them. Once again I purchased them through Affordable RV here in Calgary. They have access to the Coast catalogue that many rv dealers use. I used two for the closet door since I have heard that it is the one that often pops open.
Attached Thumbnails
Cabinet Latches.JPG   Cabinet Latch Closeup.JPG  

Two Latches On Closet.JPG  
Old 06-26-2011, 08:34 PM   #104

Alberta
Registry
Window Gaskets

With my Fantastic Fan order I also purchased the gaskets for the small door window. So far I have only installed the one around the oval opening. I will have to remove the window to put the back gasket in place. The new water tank is slightly smaller than the original and it does not have the corner cutout for the fill pipe fitting so I will have to re-build the box for that. I will post pictures of that when I get to it but it is not essential for use. Tomorrow I visit a welder to have the coupler replaced, safety chains installed and a tray for my battery added.
Attached Thumbnails
Small Window Gasket In.JPG  
Old 06-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #105

Oregon
Looking fantastic
Old 06-27-2011, 08:48 AM   #106

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Lookin' awesome Randy!
So glad the Fantastic Vent order went well....Yahoo for ventilation!
Have fun camping!
Cheers!
Emily
Old 06-27-2011, 09:11 AM   #107

Name: Dan
Trailer: 1976 Scamp 13 ft "Siesta"
Oregon
Registry
Your trailer looks great and I like the blue. If you have a standard garage door, I think your correct that it will not fit into the garage with the fantastic fan on top. I measured mine before installation and it added 3 to 4 inches to the top. I wanted it to still fit in the garage, so installed the fan on the side wall, behind the stove. I works great and is very quite.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:28 AM   #108

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
Ya gotta love these rebuild threads, very nice job by the way.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:29 AM   #109

Alberta
Registry
New Coupler

I hated the original worn out small-ball coupler, the lack of safety chains, and the twist in the coupler to frame connection so much that this had to be completed before I actually hit the road. The welder is with The Welding Shop here in Calgary. I was referred to them by the guys at Affordable RV who have been helping me get the parts I need to finish.
I had them remove the old coupler, install the one I got with the trailer, attach my new safety chains and add a tray (with cutout to clear the propane bottle) for my battery box. I think they did a great job and I feel much safer pulling it now. They even sparyed on a coat of black paint.
Attached Thumbnails
Welding1.JPG   Welding2.JPG  

Welding3.JPG   Hitch and jack-2.jpg  

Old 07-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #110

Alberta
Registry
Thank you. I saw your setup a while back because I was following your restore project. It made me wish that I had more skills to exploit. You did a superb job. As it happens, I don't have a garage at my home. I have a small lot and opted to grow a vegetable garden in the only available space for a garage. I have decided to install the vent on the roof since I have to store the trailer outside and there is already a 9x9 hole that I dread patching with no fiberglass experience. I thought your idea to mount the vent on a wall was an elegant solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyH View Post
Your trailer looks great and I like the blue. If you have a standard garage door, I think your correct that it will not fit into the garage with the fantastic fan on top. I measured mine before installation and it added 3 to 4 inches to the top. I wanted it to still fit in the garage, so installed the fan on the side wall, behind the stove. I works great and is very quite.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:49 AM   #111

Alberta
Registry
Tim
Thank you very much. I am having a really good time with this project and will be posting camping shots soon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
Ya gotta love these rebuild threads, very nice job by the way.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:49 AM   #112

Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy D. View Post
I received a reply from Polyrama Plastics in Edmonton regarding my question about the shape of their tank. It does not have an inset corner like mine so the original location will not work. Did some more digging here and found the same information in old posts.
I can't remember, did you get the water tank issue solved? I stumbled across this today, look at the last water tank on the left... second page, right above the tank probe: http://www.sahararv.com/pdfs/325-334..._WasteLine.pdf

Tags
boler, restorations