Work In Progress - '75 Boler 13 - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2011, 08:58 AM   #61

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Sweet! Love the color. When you get a chance, please post a distance shot showing the upholstery and the matching color doors. I'd really like to see it!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 11:18 AM   #62

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy D. View Post
Thanks Greg. It is coming along. I am about ready to hang the door and as soon as I solve my problem with the roof vent hole it will be ready to use. Still lots of finishing touches to do but they can be dealt with over time.
Are you getting rid of that little vent and adding a big vent there or did you just add a big vent too?
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:23 PM   #63

Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Sweet! Love the color. When you get a chance, please post a distance shot showing the upholstery and the matching color doors. I'd really like to see it!
Thanks. So far I have found it really difficult to get any distance for a shot. The more stuff I put in the less room there is. When the side windows were out it made it easy but now it is tough. I will get one when the front bench is in and I can take it from the back.
Randy D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #64

Quote:
I will get one when the front bench is in and I can take it from the back.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:33 PM   #65

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg H View Post
Are you getting rid of that little vent and adding a big vent there or did you just add a big vent too?
I have been getting information from Vintage RV regarding the total cost of a Fantastic Vent. Shipping, duty and brokerage fees to Canada pretty much double the cost. I had decided to go ahead but today I learned that my tow (only) vehicle needs a $1500 repair. So I decided to put the old vent back in with a double layer of butyl tape to seal the lid until I can afford to get the big one. I prepared it all but when I got up there I realized that the vent had never been on my trailer. None of the holes match up and I am not going to drill a bunch of new ones. I don't know where this one came from but I did buy the trailer completely gutted with all the parts inside. Up to now everything has been original and matched up just fine.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:55 PM   #66

Registry
Water Tank

I pulled the old broken water tank and box last night and decided I didn't like the design of the box much. Today I built a new one with a frame that matches the dimensions of the tank. I ripped a 2X6 to get the sides the correct height so that the tank is not so exposed. That added a bit of weight but not as much as I saved by replacing the table and cupboard doors with plywood. The old tank was brittle and broke when I was crawling around on the glass floor doing wiring. The new frame will prevent that stress to some extent although there is no longer room for anyone to put any pressure on that part of the floor now that the table is in.
I have read that the tank from Polyrama Plastics is a direct replacement. Can someone confirm that the Polyrama tank has the offset corner like mine? It is absolutely required for fill hose clearance due to the axle mount in that area.
Attached Thumbnails
Water Tank-2.JPG   Water Tank-4.JPG  

Water Tank In Old Box.JPG   Water Tank In New Box.JPG  

Old 02-18-2011, 08:08 PM   #67

Quote:
I have read that the tank from Polyrama Plastics is a direct replacement. Can someone confirm that the Polyrama tank has the offset corner like mine? It is absolutely required for fill hose clearance due to the axle mount in that area.
Maybe contact them? Polyrama Plastics - Contact Us

According the the Helpful-Links, you're looking for replacement "Boler uses the 8.25 gal, part #ERT 8.25 39 x 16 x 4" ??
Old 02-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #68

Registry
Quote:
Maybe contact them? Polyrama Plastics - Contact Us

According the the Helpful-Links, you're looking for replacement "Boler uses the 8.25 gal, part #ERT 8.25 39 x 16 x 4" ??
Good point. I just sent them a picture. Thank you, I can usually think straight but I have lapses from time to time.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:47 AM   #69

Quote:
Good point. I just sent them a picture. Thank you, I can usually think straight but I have lapses from time to time.
That's was GREAT about belonging to a community such as FiberglassRV. The collective minds of hundreds! Trust me, I've needed that help too.

PLEASE let us know what you find out. It may save someone else time or grief in making a possible mistake.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #70

Trailer: Boler 1984
Your table redo is giving me ideas. The old table has been sitting in storage in the garage ever since we made up a permanent bed. I dug it out today and, with some new edging and a paint job, I think that it will replace the smaller side table that fits on the outside table rail.
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 09:20 PM   #71

Name: Mike
Trailer: Roadtrek 170P
Washington
Man what a beautiful job you have done with this project! Very impressive!

Mike in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 10:26 PM   #72

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in WA View Post
Man what a beautiful job you have done with this project! Very impressive!

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #73

Registry
Color Match

Quote:
I tried again today to get a couple of shots showing the fabric against the cupboard doors. There is not a lot of that blue in the fabric but I am happy with the result.
Attached Thumbnails
Fabric And Door Colors-1.JPG   Fabric And Door Colors-2.JPG  

Fabric And Door Colors-3.JPG  
Old 02-21-2011, 10:51 PM   #74

Name: Paul
Trailer: 13' Boler 1977
Ontario
i love the colours, .......now that we had that hit of warmth over the last week, My wife and i have been looking through colours and patterns and such for the boler, .........we will be ordering cushions covers from scamp shortly, and then re-cutting some foam we had!!!!

as soon as the snow is gone we'll be taking the body off the frame painting the frame, and re-instaling with "U" bolts........

but randy this thread is keeping me going for ideas, so keep up the good work!!
pbraunton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:04 PM   #75

Registry
Door And Front Bench

I managed to get some help today so that I could finally hang the door. The original hinges were garbage but the fellow I bought the trailer from threw in the new set he had purchased from Scamp. Of course they have three bolts on the trailer side rather than two and the arm is slightly longer than the Boler hinges. I filled all of the old holes before painting because they were badly worn and the placement was going to change with the new hinges. I cut metal backing plates for both the door and trailer side. On the trailer side I cut slits in the ensolite and slipped them in. I will caulk and paint over the scars that caused. The L-400 latch is a brand new one that I was very lucky to find on ebay several months ago. I can't close the door yet because the bolt heads are hitting the trim I installed and it will have to be cut back a bit. It will also have to be cut for the latch where I plan to add some steel to make the lock more secure. The checkerplate on the bottom of the door was added by a previous owner to cover a hole in the shell. I left it alone because it is securely riveted on and may help the door retain the correct shape.
Having the door on allowed me to install the front bench and bunk too.
Attached Thumbnails
Door Hung-1.JPG   Door Hung-2.JPG  

Front Bench In-1.JPG   Front Bench In-3.JPG  

Old 02-22-2011, 10:38 AM   #76

Oh WOW! Love the color!!!!
Old 02-22-2011, 12:17 PM   #77

Trailer: 1988 Perris Pacer ('Bean') / 2004 Element
Registry
WOW! Glad I just went back thru all the pics---somehow I missed the ones of the curtains! I love EVERYTHING you've done! Even the shape of the cabinet doors! You may not want to come OUT of your camper once it's done!
Vickie B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #78

Registry
Water Tank Answers

I received a reply from Polyrama Plastics in Edmonton regarding my question about the shape of their tank. It does not have an inset corner like mine so the original location will not work. Did some more digging here and found the same information in old posts.

From 2007;
J Martin
"Well, thanks to Polyrama, a windshield washer pump and Princess Auto my egg has running water for the first time in sixteen years! Thanks for the supplier tip, Alf! As a note, a few mods were necessary. The tank from polyrama doesn't have a cutout for the fill, as on the original tank, but is fully rectangular. I was able to move it closer to the frame on the right to get it hooked up though. I replaced all lines, the 12V switch and polished up the faucet. More to come..."

I also found a pdf (posted by Roy in TO) showing the tank. This is no longer available from the Polyrama site as far as I can tell. As much as I hate drilling holes through the floor I guess there will be four more.
Attached Thumbnails
Water Tank-2.JPG  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Boler_tank[1].pdf (39.4 KB, 25 views)
Old 02-26-2011, 09:46 AM   #79

Registry
Bunk

I put the bunk in to see how it all works and found that the supports tended to slide out from under the board so I drilled two holes through it and added a couple of bolts with wing nuts and washers to keep them in place. I don't anticipate using this other than as a shelf when parked. I have not attached the cushion to the board yet but will probably work out something with velcro. I have since pulled it out for painting.
Attached Thumbnails
Bunk-1.JPG   Bunk Bolt-1.JPG  

Bunk Bolt-2.JPG  
Old 02-26-2011, 09:53 AM   #80

Registry
Door Window

The door window frame sides and bottom have no backing to screw into so I ripped some 2x4 down to fit and attached it with epoxy.
Attached Thumbnails
Gap In Door-2.JPG   Gap In Door-3.JPG  

Door Window Frame-2.JPG  

Tags
boler, restorations