Work In Progress - '75 Boler 13 - Page 8 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2011, 04:34 PM   #141

Name: Judy
Trailer: 1977 13 ft Scamp
Vermont
That looks great! what about the interior--did you use a solvent to scrape off the old wall covering? My knuckles are bleeding from scraping the interior of my Scamp and there are just some areas I can't get un-stuck!
vermontscamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #142

Trailer: 1975 Boler 1300
Registry
I did try everything I could think of and ended up using a stiff scrub brush and Varsol solvent. Don't know if the product has the same name everywhere but it is a petroleum based solvent that is also used as a paint thinner sometimes. It took a long time and made me very sore but I got enough of it off in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontscamp View Post
That looks great! what about the interior--did you use a solvent to scrape off the old wall covering? My knuckles are bleeding from scraping the interior of my Scamp and there are just some areas I can't get un-stuck!
Randy D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:09 PM   #143

Name: Sue & Gene
Trailer: 1989 Scamper 16ft
Illinois
Registry
Paint job is awesome! We really want to get ours painted, but neither of us have any knowledge of how to etc-probably will have to hire someone that knows what they are doing-I would hate to spend all that $$ and mess it up! Keep the pictures coming!
Susanm34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #144

Registry
Correction

I seem to have read your post incorrectly. I didn't remove the ensolite from the walls of my Boler. I just cleaned it, primed and painted. The problem I had was adheasive everywhere that was left after someone had covered the entire interior with carpet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontscamp View Post
Old 09-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #145

Registry
Bargman L-400 Key Information

Back when I was preparing to start work on my Boler I bought an L-400 lock on ebay to replace the one that came with the trailer. There were no keys for that one and I thought that would be a problem. I was looking around the other day and came upon a post on another forum that mentioned getting keys made at Head's Lock and Key Works here in Calgary. I dropped by with my old original lock and asked if they could help me. Five minutes later I walked out with two new keys. They cost me $10.24 for the pair.
The blank used is an ilco K1122D BN1. Obviously readily available. And no, the lock is not for sale, at least not yet. My son's 73 Boler has a very worn and insecure lock on it that needs to be replaced.
Attached Thumbnails
Lock-1.JPG   Lock-2.JPG  

Old 04-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #146

Registry
Now Completely LED

I just received a replacement for the 1003 bulb in my porch light and the 67 bulb in the license plate light. I looked at of the options for the BA15 base bulbs at Superbrightleds and decided on the circuit board with 30 warm white leds and the BA15 base with a connector for the pcb. I am very pleased with the result.
Attached Thumbnails
PCB and Base-1.jpg   PCB and Base-2.JPG  

PCB In Porch Light.JPG   Porch Light Night-1.JPG  

Old 04-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #147

Registry
Completely LED Continued

The #67 bulb in my old Grote license plate light was the last incandescent bulb in the trailer so when I noticed that it had burnt out I decided to go LED. I purchased a 67-W15 (1156 Base 15-LED Cool White) replacement for it. It has nine LEDs in the top and 6 more mounted radially. It is plenty bright enough as can be seen in the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
67 Bulb-2.JPG   67-W15.JPG  

License Plate Light Daytime-2.jpg   License Plate Light Night-2.JPG  

Old 04-03-2012, 10:00 PM   #148

Registry
New Awning

I made a new friend at Alberta Tent and Awning here in Calgary. I ordered a track awning last Thursday and it was ready for pickup on Monday. It is 7x7 feet and came with three adjustable poles for the front edge. They provided nice bags for the poles, ropes, stakes (all included) and the awning itself. I asked them to add pockets in the corners and velcro straps in the centre to accomadate flexible tent rods to add some structure and they did that at no extra charge. I have not picked up rods yet because I need the exact measurement across the diagonal between corners. All of the parts appear to be of very good quality and the fade resistant fabric is just the right weight. I will post more pictures when I have it on the trailer. It is going to snow here tomorrow so that will have to wait. My thanks to Kevin61 for directing me to Alberta Tent and Awning.
Attached Thumbnails
Awning Bags.jpg   Awning Poles Ropes-2.jpg  

Awning Rod Pocket-2.jpg   Awning Poles Ropes-1.jpg  

Old 04-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #149

Name: Ann
Trailer: Boler
canada
Wow that awning is awesome. How much did it cost you? I need to get one for our Boler.
ann cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:22 AM   #150

Name: Ann
Trailer: Boler
canada
What is the part number for the water faucet? I live it. Is it in the parts section or plumbing section of Canadian Tire?
ann cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:31 PM   #151

Name: Maryvanilla
Trailer: Trillium1300
British Columbia
Registry
Great work, love the fabric and colours. It has given me a few ideas to think about with my trailer project
maryvanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:09 PM   #152

Name: Diane
Trailer: Casita, previously u-haul ct13
Virginia
Absolutely GREAT WORK! I know it was hard. You did a very creative and unique redo. Enjy the fruits of your labor, make memories! Thanks for sharing this with all of us as well.
D Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #153

Name: Alli
Trailer: 1974 Boler
British Columbia
Absolutely amazing transformation - beautifully done. Thank you for sharing all of this, inspiration for those of us just starting the journey
BCAlli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #154

Name: Laura
Trailer: Teardrop American Outbacker
Utah
I can't wait to see the awning set up on the Boler! So beautiful and such an inspiration!

My muscles are aching from all the work I've done on mine. I hope it turns out half as good as yours (since it's half the trailer yours is, LOL!).
Old 04-08-2012, 11:21 AM   #155

Registry
Faucet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann cody View Post
What is the part number for the water faucet? I live it. Is it in the parts section or plumbing section of Canadian Tire?
The faucet was in the plumbing section, the part number is 62-1029-0 and the price is $32.99.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #156

Registry
Awning Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann cody View Post
Wow that awning is awesome. How much did it cost you? I need to get one for our Boler.
The awning was $180.00 for everything pictured above. Based on the price of poles alone I think it was a very decent deal.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #157

Registry
Awning Test Set Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauramoncur View Post
I can't wait to see the awning set up on the Boler! So beautiful and such an inspiration!

My muscles are aching from all the work I've done on mine. I hope it turns out half as good as yours (since it's half the trailer yours is, LOL!).
Thanks for the comments folks. I did a quick test set up today and took some shots. It was breezy and the stakes were in my vegetable garden which I recently turned so they would not hold at all. I don't have the tent rods yet but this is what it looks like on the trailer.
Attached Thumbnails
Awning Up-5.jpg   Awning Up-6.jpg  

Awning Up-10.jpg   Awning Up-1.jpg  

Old 04-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #158

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
So impressive!
Sue and Henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #159

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Sweet!
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:44 PM   #160

Name: Marcel
Trailer: 1975 Boler 13'
Nova Scotia
I just spent an hour reading through the entire thread. The trailer looks awesome! So many nice touches all along the way. Gives me loads of inspiration for our Boler. Thanks for posting!
novascotiaboler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler, restorations