NY 2014, Aug.15-17: Northeast Egg Beaters Hudson River Ramble - Page 6 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2014, 04:53 AM   #101

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfar View Post
Frank - when you do your photo shoot, send me a PM and if we're around we'd love to meet you there for a walk through.
That would be great Sue. It's gotta be a decent day, and one I have off. What's your schedule this coming Sunday & Monday? Depending on weather, that might work.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:59 AM   #102

Name: Sue
Trailer: '93 Casita FD 16'
NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
That would be great Sue. It's gotta be a decent day, and one I have off. What's your schedule this coming Sunday & Monday? Depending on weather, that might work.

Frank
Sunday would work any time. I have an appointment for my car on Monday, that will likely take most of the day.
spfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:14 AM   #103

New York
Quote:
Sunday would work any time. I have an appointment for my car on Monday, that will likely take most of the day.
Sounds great Sue. Let's see what the weather is like. They're predicting rain, so it will probably be sunny...

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 01-14-2014, 10:05 AM   #104

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
NY gathering

We would like to come if possible in a lil snoozy if that's OK We live in florida but like to leave for summer's . How do we register and who to pay $ for food or whatever ? Jim
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #105

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennykatz View Post
We would like to come if possible in a lil snoozy if that's OK We live in florida but like to leave for summer's . How do we register and who to pay $ for food or whatever ? Jim
Jim, there's plenty of room, so no worry there, it's just electric hookups that will be limited to those who first expressed interest here.

I will try and get something worked up for registration by the end of the month. With this event all the way out in August it's a bit early to get registration stuff done, so let me see what I can do. Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 01-14-2014, 03:21 PM   #106

Name: Paul
Trailer: Escape 19
Georgia
List

Frank
Can u add us to the list?
PAB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:29 PM   #107

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAB4 View Post
Frank
Can u add us to the list?
Sure Paul, the more the merrier. Thanks!

This is really moving right along, so I better get my act together!

I'll update the list soon, and get working on registration materials. Long day today at work, so won't be home till late. I hope to get on this stuff later this week.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 01-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #108

Georgia
List

Thanks!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #109

Georgia
PS willing to help in the kitchen
Old 01-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #110

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAB4 View Post
PS willing to help in the kitchen
Wow! That would be great! Thanks.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 01-14-2014, 09:05 PM   #111

NY
Quote:
Sounds great Sue. Let's see what the weather is like. They're predicting rain, so it will probably be sunny...

Frank
True that! Today was supposed to be partly sunny. Thanks to all of that wet sunshine, the river is really high. That should make for some nice photos. Let me know if you need any help with registration or whatever.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:31 AM   #112

New York
Quote:
True that! Today was supposed to be partly sunny. Thanks to all of that wet sunshine, the river is really high. That should make for some nice photos. Let me know if you need any help with registration or whatever.
Thanks Sue. What sort of registration have these egg rallies used in the past?

I'm new at this. My thought was a one page pdf that folks could run off, check what they wanted to do or participate in, and have it mailed to me or scanned and emailed. My thought was a group dinner Friday & Saturday nights, a breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings, and lunch on your own. That would give people not familiar with the area a chance to run around Saturday after breakfast and see the sights, or visit family and/or friends, or spend the day on the water, or....

I'll get working on this stuff soon as I can.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 01-15-2014, 07:38 AM   #113

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Slow down Frank, you still have 7 months to go……..
Old 01-15-2014, 07:40 AM   #114

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
Slow down Frank, you still have 7 months to go……..
Thanks Jim, that is my feeling too, but I'm being pushed by my brother. This is no doubt my 1st and last egg rally at his place! I'm a working stiff, and there is only so many hours in the day...

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 01-15-2014, 11:17 AM   #115

NY
Quote:
Thanks Sue. What sort of registration have these egg rallies used in the past?

I'm new at this. My thought was a one page pdf that folks could run off, check what they wanted to do or participate in, and have it mailed to me or scanned and emailed. My thought was a group dinner Friday & Saturday nights, a breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings, and lunch on your own. That would give people not familiar with the area a chance to run around Saturday after breakfast and see the sights, or visit family and/or friends, or spend the day on the water, or....

I'll get working on this stuff soon as I can.

Frank
The registration for any rally I've been to, has been with the campground. I'm not sure you need a formal document unless your brother wants one for liability purposes. Usually a running list of who is coming (and that will likely change right up to days before) and a posted schedule of events will suffice. Then you can have people see you as they arrive to pay whatever fee you decide on to cover food, etc. You could hand out a list of area attractions, if you want. I can help with that.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:51 AM   #116

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Well looks like it`s all coming together .WE are looking forward to this one and maybe some would like to convoy back to our RIVER VALLEY EGG RALLY ' yea you Tony.also looks like we wont be the only lil snoozy
Old 01-15-2014, 01:09 PM   #117

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Thanks Jim, that is my feeling too, but I'm being pushed by my brother. This is no doubt my 1st and last egg rally at his place! I'm a working stiff, and there is only so many hours in the day...

Frank
I would never consider a rally on our property, and we have 10 acres with a nice stream. Using a public campground eliminates any personal liability, and by keeping the planned events on a small scale takes a lot of stress off. Frank, remember how the ADK tearup is organized, just enough to be fun, but not over organized. Last September we attended a Tin Can Tourist rally, the lead couple did a great job, but also learned they don't want to do it again! It was very organized, but also expensive. Something we wanted to try, had a good time, but probably won't do it again. We are doing a rally on Lake Ontario in April with some of the Tearup group, the "organizing" part of it is; someone said" we are going here on this date, anyone wants to come make your own reservations with the park, in this loop". That's it, simple! Someone will get a fire going, whoever wants will come sit by it. Sorry we can't make this one, but have camping reservations at Northampton Beach.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:58 PM   #118

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
Frank did you get your brothers address or did I miss it ? thanks
Old 01-15-2014, 05:05 PM   #119

New York
Don't know to either question, but here it is: 725 Hudson River Road, Mechanicville NY 12118

Looking forward to seeing you folks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 01-17-2014, 12:51 PM   #120

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
The registration for any rally I've been to, has been with the campground. I'm not sure you need a formal document unless your brother wants one for liability purposes. Usually a running list of who is coming (and that will likely change right up to days before) and a posted schedule of events will suffice. Then you can have people see you as they arrive to pay whatever fee you decide on to cover food, etc. You could hand out a list of area attractions, if you want. I can help with that.
Actually a number of rallys I have attended and including the ones I have organized that are not held at State parks etc where everyone makes there own bookings directly with the State, require people to register for the meet on line and check off on the liability ahead of time. Having said that even the big meet in Bandon at a State Park requires people to register on line prior to the meet (once they have made their reservations with the State) so the organizers have some idea as to who is coming.

Frank you can use Google documents to create an online registration and liability forum. Having organized a number of meets and know all to well what can and will happen I highly recommend you do have those attending sign off on liability. In recent years many state and provincial and private campgrounds are asking meet organizer to prove they carry special meet liability insurance which is not cheap to purchase (at least not here). If I was you brother (as the property owner) I would want to know that everyone attending has at the very least signed off on liability. Ask each person attending to sign up using google docs and it will send you a notice each time someone signs up and create a nice spread sheet that only you will see showing who has signed up and that they have signed off on the liability issue etc.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally